Author Topic: Any information regarding Morro Velho mine, Brazil;births, marriages and deaths!  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Chelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Any information at all on this please. I have several names of interest; Colenso, Hoskin, Vincent, Bennetts, Ridington and Pascoe.

Many thanks
Chelly

Offline BrazilianBombshell

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Any information regarding Morro Velho mine, Brazil;births, marriages and deaths!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 February 13 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chelly,
Birth, marriages and deaths should have been recorded by the relatives at the British Consulate, either in Rio de Janeiro or Belo Horizonte.  As regards the mine itself I can provide you with more details if it is of interest.
Davies - Brazil
Pooley - London
Preston- Lincoln
Martyn - Lincoln
Cannon - Lincoln
Griffin - Dorset
Poore - Dorset
Dickinson - Leicester & Dorset

Offline Chelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Any information regarding Morro Velho mine, Brazil;births, marriages and deaths!
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 February 13 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for your reply, any information you have as regards the mine, occupants and the local area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chelly

Offline BrazilianBombshell

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 February 13 23:29 GMT (UK) »
http://projects.exeter.ac.uk/cornishlatin/morrovelho.htm
Hello Chelly,
The above link will give some insight into the Morro Velho mine.  I am currently doing some research for my family history as my grandfather was chief superintendent of the mine for some years. My period of interest is 1910 to 1947 and I have photos which will need restoring and identifying which could take time.  I live in UK and have relatives in Brazil.  If I can help you I will.
Davies - Brazil
Pooley - London
Preston- Lincoln
Martyn - Lincoln
Cannon - Lincoln
Griffin - Dorset
Poore - Dorset
Dickinson - Leicester & Dorset

Offline mitch44

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Hi Chelly

I'm also interested in the Morro Vello mine. My father and grandfather worked for John Del Ray Mining Co. and I was born in Brazil.  I have a book on the history of the mine. The names I'm interested are Lowes Fenton and Dobles