Author Topic: Was Coleman Audley born Colman Adley  (Read 5688 times)

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Was Coleman Audley born Colman Adley
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 23:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian,

rootsireland show the baptism of a Patrick Audley in 1881 to Martin Audley and Bridget Walsh.

Tara

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 May 12 00:06 BST (UK) »
Sorry,

I forgot to say that there were 5 children (including Patrick) baptised to Martin Audley and Bridget Walsh in Carraroe Church Galway.

Tara

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 May 12 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Agahdowey & Tara,
Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Tara,
Hope you don't mind if I get back to you tomorrow as it is late and I need to think about your reply in more detail as  I had more than 5 children even before you gave me Patrick.
Regards
Brian
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 May 12 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Tara,
I hope you don't mind but I havesent you a 'Personal Message' through the website
Regards
Brian

Offline emaudley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 May 12 02:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, I believe it is possible they are the same person, it was not unusually for names to be slightly misspelled particularly in parish records, My name is Elizabeth Audley and my grandfather was Patrick Audley born in 1891 on Dinish and his father was Robert Audley .  Dinish  is an Island adjacent to Furnace and I believe Furnace is part of Gorumna group islands that include Furnace Dinish, Lettermullen and Lettermore and are part of the Oughterard registration district.  I also believe that the people your researching may have been related to my grandfather.   If I can be of any help, I would be happy to assist any way I can. 

Elizabeth

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 25 May 12 20:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth,
Many thanks for your response to my message on Rootschat.

At the moment the information I have on the Audley family of Galway is a 46 page document and contains over 150 people born with the Audley surname (or varients of that surname). I would welcome any help you can give.

As the file size is larger than I can attach to this message I will send you a Personal Message with my personal e-mail address. If you drop me an e-mail I will e-mail you a copy of the above document.

By the way do you have a sister known as Lori?

Regards
Brian

Offline emaudley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 May 12 02:59 BST (UK) »
Brian,

Thanks that would be great.  I would live to see it, I recently learned of a cousin also named Patrick Audley currently living in Ireland and have been gathering additional information.  Yes I do have a sister Lori, she had hired someone to do some research a while back but the some information didnt match up, for example the researcher had my grandfather listed as living in Lettermullen, when he lived on an adjacent Island Dinish, and was confirmed in the 1901 and 1911 census.  I have been trying to go back further in time to see where our family may have originated.  My great grand father was Robert Audley.  I know many civil records were destroyed and are relying on Parish records.  My brother will be in Ireland in June and will be visiting our cousin living in Carraroe near Galway.  I also know my grandfather spent time in Scotland with an uncle before immigrating to the US.  I would be happy to contribute any information.  Thanks for following up. 

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 21:41 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth,
Did you receive the document I e-mailed to you?
Regards
Brian