Author Topic: HOW TO??  (Read 1631 times)

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HOW TO??
« on: Saturday 28 April 12 03:43 BST (UK) »
:o HI i know you dont search for living relatives on here and thats sort of what I need tho I dont know if the person is still alive I want to add them to my tree so want details on them could you suggest a way I could do this please thankyou
Mitchell-Bermondsey, Walworth/ Powers-Stepney, Pekham,/ Flynn-Limerick, Camberwell/ Dawson-Kent/ Bartlett-Deptford Kent,/Burrows-Surrey, Hitchin & Holywell In Bedfordshire

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HOW TO??
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 April 12 09:12 BST (UK) »
If the person is still alive, I think it would be polite to ask their permission before adding them to any tree. ;D
If you ask them, then you can get any details from them directly.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 April 12 09:14 BST (UK) »
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 April 12 17:13 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Kevin I will try those links and to my other reply I dont know where this person is or obviously I would ask them but if I knew where they were I also wouldnt have to look for them have you asked everyone you have added to your tree I wonder how you would go about doing that? just for reference I dont know if they are dead or alive but would like to as its my nans half brother so not a distant relative thankyou for your reply tho Jane ;D
Mitchell-Bermondsey, Walworth/ Powers-Stepney, Pekham,/ Flynn-Limerick, Camberwell/ Dawson-Kent/ Bartlett-Deptford Kent,/Burrows-Surrey, Hitchin & Holywell In Bedfordshire

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 April 12 18:50 BST (UK) »
If your tree is for your own personal use then you can add whoever you like.  If it is to be published on the internet then you must be much more careful. 
www.bt.com or 192.com might help to find someone or maybe you could check death entries or wills?
Andrea

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 April 12 18:57 BST (UK) »
If your tree is for your own personal use then you can add whoever you like.  If it is to be published on the internet then you must be much more careful. 
www.bt.com or 192.com might help to find someone or maybe you could check death entries or wills?
Andrea

Offline janeann1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 April 12 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Sillgen it def is for myself I dont publish my tree and I norm know every living person on there but this is different and meant so much to my nan felt I owed it to her to try to find her half brother who was treated badly amd thanks for the advice mayne I will get credits for 192.com and try that Jane

Offline Washy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Janeann
I would suggest finding a local website for the area you think this person lives, something like the Wigan world site that has forums for looking for people & family history, but obviously in their area. Good luck :)