Author Topic: Exciting photographic find!! Well I'm excited.......  (Read 2111 times)

Offline monkeymagik

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Exciting photographic find!! Well I'm excited.......
« on: Sunday 29 April 12 12:20 BST (UK) »
 Hiya  ;D Thought some of you might might be interested in this.....

Chris Earl formerly of the Manor House, Skene Street, Macduff has donated a large drawer full of negatives taken by Bodie c1950, it is understood that he got these from Bodie photographic shop in Banff 3 or 4 year ago.  These photographs (Around 500 - 600 of them) show portraits, weddings, family groups, babies etc.  About 150 of these will be on display in the Buchan Street Hall, Macduff 29th May 2011, 1-5pm.  We have very little information on the photos, other than some have the surname written on the envelope containing the negative.  We have posted some below, and may upload some more later, if we get a big enough response. 

I have found two pictures of my Grandma and one of her sister! ;D

here is the link http://www.webhistorian.co.uk/pages/index.php?id=187

nic  :)

Offline GDub71

• RootsChat Member
  • Miaow¬
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting photographic find!! Well I'm excited.......
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 May 12 08:56 BST (UK) »
None of my lot unfortunately, mind you they were more Portsoy and Fordyce and tended to get their photos taken in Cullen. Great photos though. Clearly the photographer had a way with the customers. Some lucky person will surely benefit from this find!
Banffshire - WILSON, RIACH, CALDER, MUIRY, PETERKIN, CRAIB, OGG, CRUICKSHANK, FARQUHAR, COPLAND, HAY, SHAW, HIND, STRATHDEE, MORRISON, WISEMAN, MOIR, MILNE, SHEPHERD, BLACK, BRUCE, RAMSAY, PEARSON, MCPHERSON, SHEED, MCANDIE
Morayshire - MAVER, RAMSAY, PHINN, SIMPSON
Aberdeenshire - MCINTOSH, GILLAN
Kincardineshire - DUTHIE
Ross-shire - MCANGUS, MCKENZIE, TARRELL,
Inverness-shire - MACKAY, FERGUSON, MACCUISH, BEATON, GILLIES, MACDONALD, MACVICAR, MACDIARMID
Louth - KIERAN, KANE, ENGLISHBY, FEGAN

Offline monkeymagik

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 May 12 18:43 BST (UK) »
I hope someone does benefit GDub71  :) ( Shame non of yours were on), if a few of our fellow rootschatters show interest in the photos, the company might post more on the net increasing the chance of someone finding a pic of a relative ......what I would do to get my hands on that box of negatives  ;D

Offline 1pds

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great Grandad Joseph Woodcock
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 May 12 16:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info - looking forward to the exhibition!
Sands Frain Moore Woodcock Loft Snowden