Author Topic: VINTER/VENTER family of Cambridge  (Read 6959 times)

Offline Chippy6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: VINTER/VENTER family of Cambridge
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 October 12 20:31 GMT (UK) »
This will be my third posting!
I drift in and out of family history research and tend to do more over the winter months.; hence my just coming across your posting.
Huntingdon has a very good archive centre and I did all my original research there (the archives were moved from Godmanchester some years ago)
About 6 years ago I received a phone call asking if I my family was from Godmanchester and I ended up with Robert Kater VINTER's research which is excellent considering the year it was done. RK was Percival's uncle and in his time was a clergyman and headmaster of Kimbolton School.
Let me know if you want more info.
Chippy

Offline TVM

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 31 March 21 01:33 BST (UK) »
Hello VillageDuckPond :)

Charles Vinter senior (Charles A. Vinter's father) was my great-great-great-great-grandfather.

In my direct bloodline the Vinter name married out with my grandma, however we have kept it a family tradition to give some of the children 'Vinter' as a middle name like myself.

Offline VillageDuckpond

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 November 21 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello VillageDuckPond :)

Charles Vinter senior (Charles A. Vinter's father) was my great-great-great-great-grandfather.

In my direct bloodline the Vinter name married out with my grandma, however we have kept it a family tradition to give some of the children 'Vinter' as a middle name like myself.

Hello TVM
First of all I must apologise for not replying to your message as I have just got back to Rootschat after a long gap and have only just seen your message!
My aunt (by adoption) Dorothy married Percival Vinter and they lived in Sheringham. Do you know who I mean? I am doing my birth family history at the moment so really must not let myself get side-tracked but didnt want you to feel I was ignoring you.
Sasha
Barnett, Cousins, Flett, Foot, Foote, Fox, Graves, Grunnah, Rackstraw, Shipley, Vinter, Wasko, Wilson