Author Topic: Cemeteries in Breconshire  (Read 8263 times)

Offline garfydd

• I am sorry but my email address has been disabled
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cemeteries in Breconshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 May 12 12:04 BST (UK) »
Annwyl Julie,
The complete transcript( I was going to send a summary)
M.I.BB1
Red sandstone headstone, peaked top,deeply carved foliate panel, lozenge edges.
Er cof am William, mab Hugh a Margt. Price, Nantygwreiddyn, yr hwn a fu farw Mehefin 10fed 1874. Yn 3 mlwydd a 5 mis oed.
"Gadwech i'r plant bychain ddyfod ataf fi, ac an waherddwch hwynt canys eiddo y cyfryw rai yw teyrnas Dduw". Mark 10.14, Luke 18.16/6
Hefyd am y dywededig Hugh Price yr hwn a fu farw 19 Gorph. 1904, yn 70 mlwydd oed.
Hefyd am Margaret, ei wraig, yr hon a fu farw 31 Rhag. 1905, yn 66 mlwydd oed.
hope this helps?? I could send a translation but you might have a Welsh dictionary

Pob hwyl Garfydd

Offline jbay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 May 12 05:36 BST (UK) »
Hello Garfyyd,
Ok so I have been trying to translate this transcript and I am having a hard time.  I have at the beginning:
In memory of William, son of Hugh and Margaret Price.  I can't seem to translate the rest.  I can get bits and pieces.  I can see that Hugh Price died in 1904 at the age of 70 and Margaret died in 1905 at the age of 66.  So is this headstone for William or for his parents or for both?  Does it say the birth and death date of William?  Would you be willing to translate this for me?  The program I have isn't translating all of these words.  Thank you again for all your help on this.

Julie

Offline garfydd

• I am sorry but my email address has been disabled
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 18 May 12 14:46 BST (UK) »
annwyl jbay
William son of Hugh & Margaret Price died June 10,1874, aged 3 years & 5 months.
Hugh Price died July 19, 1904, aged 70 years.
Margaret Price died Dec.31,1905, aged 66 years.
O.K.
Garfydd

Offline jbay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 02:57 BST (UK) »
Hello again Garfydd,
I hope you remember me.  We had talked a while back about my ancestors Hugh Price and his wife Margaret Price.  You found a picture of a headstone of their son William that died at age 3 years old.  I was wondering if you could tell me what cemetery that was in?  You also had information on Hugh and Margaret Price's death dates.  Could you tell me where you found that information and if you know where they are buried?  I appreciate all your help.
Thank you,
Julie