Author Topic: COMPLETE Bastardy Order request for Charlotte Molineux born 10 February 1820  (Read 5302 times)

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi

Is if possible for anyone to look up the bastardy order for Charlotte Mulineux born 10th February 1820 Thurstaston.
Her mother was Emma Rogers (her married name, Rogers may not have been the father).
Charlotte was Christened in Thurstaston in 1835 when she was 15!

Sue

Offline Colin D Gronow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits
    • View Profile
Sue

The first thing I would do is contact by email the Cheshire record office, they will tell you if any Bastardy Bonds even exist for the parish of Thurstaston for that period.

I've searched for these bonds myself, unsuccessfully for certain parishes in Cheshire, but the RO will at least let you know if they are available. Contact them here.

http://archives.cheshire.gov.uk/family_history.aspx

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hi Colin

Thanks I will get onto the Cheshire Records office Tuesday.

Regards

Sue

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Hello Sue,

I have also searched the Bastardy Bonds in Cheshire RO and can advise you that they hold very few of these indeed. What they have is on microfilm and mixed up with other items as well. Whilst searching these, I did find an indenture for my gt gt gt grandfather dated 1810!

My view is that you are unlikely to be successful with finding this unfortunately.

Jo.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
There are Bastardy records from 1731/2- 1746 on the following pdf file which makes interesting reading even if none of your ancestors is shown.

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/chs/CheshirePoorLaw.pdf

Lizzie

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Lizzie just come across your response.

Offline Grannysaff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi timmis1, I came across your posts in here when I was trawling the net trying to find more information regarding my Grandfather's ancestry and I am more than convinced that you are my cousin. My grandfather was William Edward Smith married to Sarah Merridew and his mother was Emma Smith married to Richard Turner. I'd like to pm you with regards to this but it seemd I can't do this until I've made 3 posts. So here is my first.

Offline timmis1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETE Bastardy Order request for Charlotte Molineux born 10 February 1820
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Grannysaff

Really sorry but I have only just seen the post that you left a year ago. I thought the system would have automatically messaged me about your post however I don`t recall it doing so.
I have tried to PM you but don`t know if it will have automatically sent my message to you, so I thought that I would post this message too.
Yes I have the same grandparents as you we must be cousins try to PM me, of course as you know you will have had to have made three posts before the system will allow this.

Offline Grannysaff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Received your message timmis1. Will reply to it as soon as I have thought of a 3rd post to make, but to help establish who I am my name begins with L and my sister is G. Would your sister be C. Hope that's not too cryptic :)