Author Topic: John Aubin  (Read 2570 times)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Aubin
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 18:55 BST (UK) »
I have n't really took note of the ages of john's sisters, they are not old enough to have had him as a child????I've seen this in some families. It wouldbe good to find a decent record of baptism for this one.

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 21:10 BST (UK) »
after being told for years that her father had no kin, it was rather a shock for my elderly mother when I told her that she did have Aunts ! She did remember
that 2 women dressed head to toe in black and that frightened them, but they were always dismissed and sent out. >:(
I can' t thank you all enough for your help and nice to know that I seem to have seemed to try most of the options
Thank you  :D

Offline junabria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 March 18 13:31 GMT (UK) »
To the kind people who tried to help with the research on this man, I have recently been contacted by his Great Granddaughter so the mystery has been solved.
In short Emily(my GGM) had a relationship with a John Franklin and the result was John Aubin who was actually registered by his father as John Franklin and he was b in 1887, Emily was named as his mother Emily Franklin nee Tripe, which was her maiden name prior to her marriage with Charles Aubin. John Franklin Snr d 1889. As previously stated Emily's husband Charles did not die until 1893. As she had previously called herself a Widow on Census, quite a few lies have been told in this family.
My GF W Aubin who was half brother to John is named and signs as a witness at John Jnr's marriage and none of my Aunts and Uncles knew anything about him ...........Lots of secrets in my family :-X  It has taken several years to resolve this mystery.