Author Topic: 1916 Canadian lookup please  (Read 6550 times)

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1916 Canadian lookup please
« Reply #18 on: Friday 03 January 14 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sandra.
If I wanted to send away for a death certificate for a ancestor of mine who died in Ontario district, what size would the certificate be, example A4  size

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 January 14 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Death Certificate (File Size 7" x 8.25"):-
This contains basic information, such as names, date and place of death.

Certified Copy of Statement of Death (Long Form 8.5" x 14"):-
This contains all information registered on the Statement of Death including signatures.

Certified Copy of Statement of Death & Medical Certificate of Death (Extended Long Form):-
This contains all information registered on both the Statement of Death and Medical Certificate of Death including signatures.

https://www.canadianbirthcertificate.com/OntarioDeathCertificate.aspx

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Lyn47c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 24 March 14 01:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi whdsn, 
I know some of the the descendants of these people.  Went to school with George Albert Hodson jr.'s  three children.
Still looking for info??
Marilyn Clayton
R M of Wallace,
Elkhorn, Mb, Canada
Clayton/Morris, Herefordshire, Stockwell, Leicestershire, Bacon/Newman/Barnard, Essex, Twigg, West Riding Yorkshire, Rolfe, Yorkshire & Suffolk, Rowand, Renfrewshire, SCT, Lund, East Riding Yorkshire, Manning, Warwickshire

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 05:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lyn47c
                      Thank you for the email. Yes any info would be welcome.

regards
                                     wayne

Offline dawne14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 18:30 BST (UK) »
My name is Sherryl (Hodson) Reid.  My father was George Albert born June 22, 1910.  I have 3 siblings.  Albert Lelond - age 72 - has 2 sons and 1 daughter - 5 grandchildren.  Valerie Ann - age 66 has 1 son and 1 daughter - 3 grandchildren.  I am 63 and have 2 sons and 1 daughter - 6 grandchildren.  The youngest, Tanis Yvonne - age 57 has 2 sons and 1 daughter - 1 grandchild and another expected in August.  An older sister, Carol Anne, died at birth on September 4th, 1945.
We are currently updating our family tree because we are having a family reunion on August 2, 2014.  You should consider a trip to Canada around that date. 
Which is your family lineage - Harry or John.  I am very excited to find you because we know very little about anyone outside of Bert and Ada.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 23 May 14 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hello Sheryl
                     My name is Wayne hodson and we share the same ancestors john hodgson 1690 st john cranford and his wife Ann Daniels 1697 burton latimer northants England. my family line starts with Daniel hodson and his wife Mary Hopkins as yours starts with john and his with Susanna Howe. Daniel and john were brothers these were the sons of john and Ann hodgson.
I know your grandparents were born in burton latimer and Kettering 1878 and 1880 but I don't know when and where they died.
                                                  Wayne

Offline dawne14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 25 May 14 16:28 BST (UK) »
I now have a million questions but first I will answer your questions.  Grampa (Bert) was born March 9, 1878 and died (cancer) on January 30, 1953 in Elkhorn, Manitoba.  Gramma (Ada) was born on October 19, 1880 and died on March 21, 1973 in Virden, Manitoba.   The oldest name we know in the family tree is Charles Hodson ( Bert's dad).   We don't even know his wife's name.  You are going back to 1690.  This is great.  Do you have all the names in between Daniel and John up to Bert and Ada?   If you do, I would love to get them.  Do you have any pictures?  I would also love to have them (copies via internet).  When did we change from Hodgson to Hodson?

Sherryl

Offline whdsn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 25 May 14 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Sherryl
                    I think our name is Hodson but back in the old days they used names like Hodgson Hudson and in Huntingdonshire the name was changed to Hotson.
  Wayne

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 25 June 14 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi;

This link will take you to a local history of Elkhorn and district titled "Steel and Grass Roots" which has details of your Hodson family on pages 304-5.  This is a large pdf file so you will need Adobe Reader and time for the download.  The main site for this and other Manitoba local histories can be found by googling "manitobia" (note spelling).  The site has a bad habit of being offline for days so keep trying.

http://manitobia.ca/resources/books/local_histories/032.pdf

Marshall