Author Topic: Charles Stewart Brady and family - Toronto search goes on  (Read 9450 times)

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Stewart Brady and family - Toronto **COMPLETED for now!***
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 18:00 GMT (UK) »
edit: I've just found a marriage in Hammersmith in 1944 - looks as though she might be a widow.

I've finally sent off for this Marriage Cert - now that Sterling isn't so outrageously dear for us Euro users!

Marriage Cert arrived today. Toni was divorced. Charles was stationed at an RCAF camp in Yorkshire.
It's nice to have the little details. Thanks once again to all who helped, especially *Sandra* for that crucial Death Cert.

eadaoin
Begg - Dublin, Limerick, Cardiff
Brady - Dublin
Breslin - Wexford, Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
O'Hara - Wexford, Kingstown
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Lynam - Meath and Renovo, Pennsylvania
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Stewart Brady and family - Toronto search goes on
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 18:48 GMT (UK) »
You're very welcome, pleased to have helped - a great result  ;D Thanks for the update, really appreciated.

Is fearr maidir
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Is fearr maidir
Sandra

I couldn't resist teaching you a little Irish, hope you aren't insulted!

regard for someone is MEAS - often a letter in Irish will end with "LE MEAS" = with regard

maidir is more "with regard to" . . "maidir le do litir" = "with regard to your letter"

(just tell me to get lost!!)

le meas,eadaoin!
Brady - Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline Dennis Burke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 08 May 19 12:35 BST (UK) »
Hello there
its been seven years since this topic was active, and its breifly mentioned above in post#1 but the young Charles Stewart BRADY of the RCAF on 23 Oct 1941 found himself in the sea off the coast of neutral Ireland after his aircraft crashed.  He was interned with the other crew member who survived in the Irish Army internment camp in the Curragh Army base.  he was released on 18 Oct 1943.

I would love to make contact with any relatives of his.  there are a number of archival documents I have available and links to online accounts of his time interned, etc.

My website is:
www.ww2irishaviation.com

best regards

Dennis Burke

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 13 May 19 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Dennis

Sorry for not replying sooner, but i was away until today.
I've certainly looked at your website before, though it's some years ago. I've been trawling though my BRADY stuff, and I have that photo of the crew.

I've read the book "Guests of the State" by T. Ryle Dwyer, which details his internment in the Curragh.
I got some information from Military Archives in Portobello Barracks in Dublin, and of course his cousins (my in-laws) remembered him being in contact.

I'd be delighted for any links you can send me, and I'll answer questions you might have (if they're not private family stuff)

regards eadaoin
Brady - Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline Dennis Burke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 13 May 19 22:46 BST (UK) »
Excellent,

I would love a copy of the Irish Military Archive G2 report if you have it to hand, I am trying to gather them together for each of the 180+ events.

I have at the moment a summary of his wartime RCAF service, not including overseas service and am will tonight again try to extract all the relevant mentions of him in the 434 Squadron ORB (Diary).  His posting in is proving elusive.  I did note that the chap writing the Squadron diary at times mentions when men got married etc, I was hoping to cross reference the date of his wedding with the ORB to see if its mentioned.

If you drop me an email at dp_burke@yahoo.com, I have a few pages from the ORB to send on at least.
regards

Dennis