Author Topic: My Gower ancestors of Penboyr.  (Read 11291 times)

Offline Brian from Bont

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Gower ancestors of Penboyr.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 31 May 12 15:24 BST (UK) »
Sydney John 1909 to 1977? I think I've found your family tree. Will go as far forward and back in search of records.

Offline Ricardian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 31 May 12 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian

My grandmother Ellen was born in around 1875 and my Dad was born in 1900 but he did die in 1977.  He did have a cousin called Sid who could have been born in 1907. It would be brilliant if you could search the records. My grandmother married David Davies not sure when. Have got all the info on my old computer. Arthur my gt grandfather married Elinor Philips.
Rickards, Gower, Eynon, Davies, Jones/John, Williams, Phillips,Hillier,Hawker,Maddocks.

Offline Brian from Bont

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 31 May 12 22:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Mary

Does Edward Gower 1756 to 1825 and his wife Anne Harry 1759 to 1840 ring any bells? They are Arthur's parents and also my x 4 grandparents. My computers playing up so can't upload too well Parish records from FindMyPast so saving them from my St Ishmael Bowen family tree to brother-in-law's Illtyd's. Are you on Ancestry.com? When completed I can always email the tree to you if you have an account and take from it that which is useful. Meanwhile I'll try and obtain as many records as possible (which I can always email to you directly anyway).

Regards
Brian

Offline Ricardian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 31 May 12 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian

Not sure if you mean Arthur's grandparents and are you talking about my gt grandfather Arthur Eynon.If so does that mean our families are related? I used to be on Ancestry but gave up as I felt that I had found out as much as I could about my various families.
Really appreciate all the info. You can e-mail me on *

Regards

Mary
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Rickards, Gower, Eynon, Davies, Jones/John, Williams, Phillips,Hillier,Hawker,Maddocks.

Offline Brian from Bont

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 31 May 12 23:18 BST (UK) »
I've found  Anne Gower of St Ishmael baptism record for July 1810; her parents are Arthur Gower and Rachel. This Arthur Gower is also on my Bowen family tree with parents Edward Gower and Anne Harry my x 4 Great grandparents. Will continue the search tomorrow and email you as well.

Offline Brian from Bont

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 31 May 12 23:23 BST (UK) »
I should have mentioned Edward Gower and Arthur Harry are my x 4 great grandparents and not grandparents in an earlier post. Let's hope I'm more on the ball tomorrow!

Offline sian353

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 01 January 17 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I refer to reply#14 and the Eynon family. Brian mentions Rachel Eynon born 1845, who I have been trying to find more information on. My 2 x great grandmother was born c 1846 in Pembrey and married David Thomas. They lived in Llanelly and were parents to my graet grandmother Maria. I was always told that Maria was a cousin to Sam Eynon of Eynons coaches but have been unable to find the link. Would you know if your Rachel Eynon married a David Thomas, I can't seem to find a marriage record for them.

Offline Ricardian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 01 January 17 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Sam Eynon of Eynons Buses was my great uncle and my grandmother Ellen Eynon's brother. It looks as if your Rachel Eynon could be  the sister of my great grandfather Arthur Eynon. There used to be a family tree on Genes Reunited which belonged to  the granddaughter in law of my grandmother's youngest sister Alice. I think her name was Elizabeth Williams. I think there are marriages for the children of David Eynon and Ann Gower. I remember seeing that Jemima had married someone named Southcote but I don't remember seeing one for Rachel though it could well be there. I have not been a member of Genes Reunited for several years. Hope this helps. It looks as if we could be related.

Mary

Offline Drosybont

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 01 January 17 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Watching this with interest because there are Gowers in South Wales in my family.  No obvious link but you never know, so I hope it is OK if I put some details up and see if anyone can make any connections. 

In my family the earliest I have so far is John Gower b 1782, not sure where, though family believe he came from the Swansea area.  A family document suggests that his mother might have been called Margaret.  He married Jane Davies in Haverfordwest in 1807, the first four of their children were born in Swansea between 1807 and 1814. then they moved to Cardiff and had six more children there between 1819 and 1826 of whom only three survived, one being my great grandmother.

Drosybont
Hotham, Guilliatt, Brown, Winter, Buck, Webster, Mortimore
Richards, Meredith, Gower, Davies, Todd, Westmacott, Hill
Mid C19 Cardiff and Haverfordwest, the Marychurch family.