Author Topic: Burial records  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Teltoons

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial records
« on: Thursday 29 September 11 21:44 BST (UK) »
Could anyone help me to trace my grandmothers grave? she died in 1975 but was not buried there in Dublin . Any suggestions as to how I find her grave? I have a death certificate but the registration was done by the hospital.
Burrow, Donabate, Co. Dublin. Fulham, Smart. Summerhill, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. Bolger, Quirke.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Burial records
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 September 11 23:45 BST (UK) »
Her name?

Date of death
Place of death - presumably a hospital but which one?
Any last address shown on the death cert other than the hospital?

If not - what is the last address you are aware of in case she was buried near to home
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Teltoons

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
paper trail
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 May 12 20:42 BST (UK) »
I need help to find a grave. I have a death certificate but no clues on that.The person died in Dublin in 1975 but was not buried there. No will was registered and there was no death notice in the papers. As there is no paper trail has anyone got any suggestions where I go from here.
Burrow, Donabate, Co. Dublin. Fulham, Smart. Summerhill, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. Bolger, Quirke.

Offline Teltoons

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 May 12 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole

name Mary Bolger, Hospital only hold records for 10 years. Address given in dublin
was incorrect.

Offline LostAndFound

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 May 12 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was this Mary Quirke married to Michael Bolger in 1926, in Enniscorthy, Wexford?  In 1927 she had a son named Peter.

If so she could possibly be buried in Enniscorthy if that is where she was from originally.

I found a request for help in finding this Mary Bolger on the CousinConnect.com site.  I can send you the link if its of any use.

Regards
LostandFound

Offline LostAndFound

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Can you give more details from the death certificate please?

Thanks
LostandFound

Offline Teltoons

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
You have the right family. That was posted during our 5 year search to find the grave for my father in law who never knew his mother but wanted to visit her grave before he died.Sadly that never happened but his daughters would like to find the grave. She is not buried in enniscorthy with her estranged husband as he is buried with his first wife.Its the lack of a paper trail thats the problem.

Offline LostAndFound

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 20:13 BST (UK) »
Very sorry to hear that but would like to help if possible.  You say you have the death cert and it doesn't give much info and that the address given is incorrect. I wonder can you give the details of the address and how you know for sure you have the correct death cert. And why you believe the address is wrong.  Hope I'm not being too nosy and if you'd rather pm me that's fine.

Regards
LostandFound

Offline Teltoons

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 May 12 21:33 BST (UK) »
We went to the address in dublin and it was a solicitors office. They said they could not explain how there address was on the cert.