Author Topic: COMPLETED: LOOKUP: British 11th Regiment, "David Malcom" 1845 Norfolk Island  (Read 11469 times)

Offline Rosalie Busch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED: LOOKUP: British 11th Regiment, "David Malcom" 1845 Norfolk Island
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 02:32 GMT (UK) »
To J. Any further information you can supply on the 1/11th and the ships that carried them to Sydney would be very much appreciated.
Rosalie

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED: LOOKUP: British 11th Regiment, "David Malcom" 1845 Norfolk Island
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 06:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosalie, I'll get my notes together and get back to you.  J

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Here's something to get you started:

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~garter1/shipsthe11th.htm

There are possibly other ships as well.

More later. 

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 08:58 GMT (UK) »
I've prepared a tabulation of all the ships I was able to locate which appeared to carry members of the 11th Devonshire.  I cannot guarantee accuracy nor completeness and would appreciate input and editing.  I've put links in the attachment to all the sources I used.  If there was more than one date for the same event, I've entered both.  If there was more than one port of origin listed, I've put them both in.  My challenge is to figure out which ship my ancestor came in and my next task is to compare arrival dates etc to the paylists for the regiments (available at the NLA and some other major libraries).  J

Oh heck, it won't allow me to attach a word document and it is in table form so it won't paste neatly in this forum.  Please send personal message (via the "My Messages" towards the top of the page) and I will give you my email address.  Ditto anyone else interested. 

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 June 17 13:17 BST (UK) »
Just a follow-up.  I am still trying to sort out the ships which carried the 11th Regiment and I remain interested.   J

This link for your information: 

https://thebloodyeleventh.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/november-1845-happenings.html?showComment=1496918317519#c4448571293799658350