Author Topic: Daisy Bridges Great Glemham  (Read 4721 times)

Online coombs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Research the dead....forget the living.
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Bridges Great Glemham
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 May 12 12:14 BST (UK) »
As said in other posts I am researching the Bridges line in Suffolk to an Elizabeth Bridges born about 1781 who wed William Mayhew and lived in Hacheston from about 1817 after living in a few villages near Ipswich.
Researching:

LONDON, Coombs, Roberts, Auber, Helsdon, Fradine, Morin, Goodacre
DORSET Coombs, Munday
NORFOLK Helsdon, Riches, Harbord, Budery
KENT Roberts, Goodacre
SUSSEX Walder, Boniface, Dinnage, Standen, Lee, Botten, Wickham, Jupp
SUFFOLK Titshall, Frost, Fairweather, Mayhew, Archer, Eade, Scarfe
DURHAM Stewart, Musgrave, Wilson, Forster
SCOTLAND Stewart in Selkirk
USA Musgrave, Saix
ESSEX Cornwell, Stock, Quilter, Lawrence, Whale, Clift
OXON Edgington, Smith, Inkpen, Snell, Batten, Brain

Offline Mrb1725

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy Bridges Great Glemham
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 May 19 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi All, I have just joined this group as by complete coincidence, my daughter has just taken a teaching position at Framlingham school. This is not in itself strange, what is is that she will be close to Great Glemham where my parents/grandparents came from. I know I have a grandfather William Bridges and I think his father was a George Bridges. He served in the 1st war in the Suffolk regiment and wore the crossed riffles. My father and his father were slaughter men and worked and lived on the estate owned by Lord Cranbrook. My mother was in service to them and she was born and lived on church hill Saxmundham. Her father worked at the sale yard in Saxmundham. Iam sure we have many relatives in and around that area and I look forward to my daughter finding out more about our family. Sorry, I do know what my father was in the Home Guard during the war and presume he was based Round Great Glemham.