Author Topic: Surname Tizer or Trizer?  (Read 3003 times)

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Surname Tizer or Trizer?
« on: Thursday 24 May 12 18:45 BST (UK) »
Anyone ever come across this surname in Hereford.  Trizer or Tizer?
On a grave stone in Llandinabo it says "Wife Sarah the only daughter of Thomas Trizer of the city of Hereford, apothicary.  Sarah died age 34 in 1719, so Thomas was born about 1660.
Sarah was the wife of Walter Rogers barrister at law of the Middle Temple London.
Don't go crazy looking, just trying to confirm that the surname was about Hereford back then.  cheers fred

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname Tizer or Trizer?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 May 12 20:39 BST (UK) »
How far is Leigh and Bransford ,Worcestershire  from Llandinabo ?
Mary Trizer baptised 4th Aug 1760 - parents -John and Mary Trizer
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 May 12 20:52 BST (UK) »
That's great Allan so they were about, the family must have been well off to have this stone.  I looked at the photo and it is definetly Trizer, but being such an unusual name I wondered if there was any history.  I think I'm related to this couple, if so it's about the earliest link I've found.  Maybe I'll get back to Hereford Archives and find out more in the autumn.  Cheers Fred

Offline CalicoGirl

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 February 18 16:47 GMT (UK) »
I found Thomas Trizer, born 1653, husband of Elizabeth Dobbes/Dobbins, born in Dilwyn, Herefordshire.