Author Topic: Link: Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon  (Read 89923 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
« Reply #171 on: Thursday 12 March 15 09:51 GMT (UK) »
I have found that the staff are very helpful in the GRO by post and phone; I have only once walked into the Roscommon office!

Once I could not locate a death record and attached a copy of the newspaper obituary to my application and received the certificate (the surname spelling was different to any I expected)

As long as the request is not completely vague but has either a specific date or reference i.e. Year; District; Quarter (if applicable); Volume and Page they will endeavour to find the record

Also I dislike having to put too much detail re Credit Cards on paper by fax or post - I have always added "please telephone for full details" which they have done so without delay

They could however invest a small amount of time in revamping the forms and online systems
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 01:17 BST (UK) »
I am currently researching death and marriages records for four female Irish ancestors.

I have a name, location and year of birth for each of them and some of them never married. However I do not know what happened to them after 1958.

Also, for marriages, I do not know the name of the 2nd party, is it possible to find marriages for someone if you have their parents names? The father would have been mentioned on the certificate

thanks

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Tecumsah123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Monday 29 February 16 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, that's just what I needed. It's so simple when you know what you're doing ...