Author Topic: Anderson Family of Colooney St Limerick  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anderson Family of Colooney St Limerick
« on: Sunday 27 May 12 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi
My research leads me to my Great grandfather Robert Lloyd marrying Sarah Anderson of 87 Colooney St, Limerick They were married in St Michaels Church,
Church Of Ireland Limerick

Sarah Anderson's father was John Anderson as noted on marriage cert and Roberts father was Henry Brooks Lloyd

I am keen to know her mothers name if Sarah had siblings and more information
On the Anderson family where they originated from to present date and the names and dates details of John Anderson's parents. Welcome anyone filling in the above info and getting back to me with it.
Thanks
Karen
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Scott Anderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson Family of Colooney St Limerick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 January 13 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen,

i think my family have links to Sarah, but I will be damned if I can confirm the link.

to put you in the picture:

my grandfather was born in limerick in 1896 john thomas anderson, he had two sisters and a brother and they all moved to glasgow approximately 1905.

his father my great grandfather john anderson born approx 1870 married elizabeth quaid (lizzie) in 1894 in the st michael's church in limerick.

his father my great great grandfather was james anderson date of birth unknown.

now you may be asking what this has to do with sarah ?? well i have thought for a while that james my great great grandfather was sarah's brother, but sadly i do not have the proof yet.

i have spoken to an irish genealogist who knows limerick well from that time period and she told me from around 1850/60 through to about 1900 there was a cluster of anderson's around st michaels' church in limerick and it is very likely they were related.

my gandfather john was born in henry street limerick, when his parents married they stayed at wellesley place (now clontarf place) if you take your colooney street which is now wolfe tone street and look at them on a map they are all within a 30 second walk of each other on the south side of shannon bridge.

looking at the 1901 census for colloney street there are still anderson's although not at 87, they are now at 48.3 colooney place jane anderson 19 eva anderson 17, sisters of addie kearns head of family.

they are also at 60.2 colooney place ada, lizzie and rose anderson, nieces of head of family sarah eddis.

family also at richmond street.

scott anderson

Interests:

Limerick: Anderson, Quaid, Dignor circa 1800-1900
Kilmarnock: Weems, Watson, Humphrey
Dumfries & Galloway: Weems,Wemyss

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 January 13 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks erskinescott, for getting in touch much appreciated have searched for ages, for Andersons in Colloney Street particularly John Anderson - Father of Sarah Anderson, as noted on Marriage Cert. 

Your Great Grandfather John Anderson born 1870 looks a good candidate for Sarah's dad, or maybe James Anderson had an older brother John Anderson who might be Sarah's Dad

i hav'nt got a birth date for Sarah, or marriage age on Marriage Cert as far as I know i will look at Marriage Certficate again to check that.. and get back to you. 

That's good you managed to get help with Irish

Appreciate your family information, seems likely these families are connected.

Thanks

Karen.
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 March 17 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scott Anderson,

I have just been rereading your message, like the information that you have given all about the Anderson family living around Limerick.  Feel they could all be related to my Sarah Anderson.  Ages ago by chance online I saw a birth record for 1869 for a Sarah Anderson which could be my Sarah Anderson but havnt seen it since. Just to mention that Sarah Anderson Married Robert Lloyd 13th September 1887 in St Michaels Church. Limerick.  Keen to keep in contact with you and I havnt found any further information on Sarah or the Anderson family.  So would welcome any help.

Hi Karen,

i think my family have links to Sarah, but I will be damned if I can confirm the link.

my grandfather was born in limerick in 1896 john thomas anderson, he had two sisters and a brother and they all moved to glasgow approximately 1905.

his father my great grandfather john anderson born approx 1870 married elizabeth quaid (lizzie) in 1894 in the st michael's church in limerick.

now you may be asking what this has to do with sarah ?? well i have thought for a while that james my great great grandfather was sarah's brother, but sadly i do not have the proof yet.

i have spoken to an irish genealogist who knows limerick well from that time period and she told me from around 1850/60 through to about 1900 there was a cluster of anderson's around st michaels' church in limerick and it is very likely they were related.

my gandfather john was born in henry street limerick, when his parents married they stayed at wellesley place (now clontarf place) if you take your colooney street which is now wolfe tone street and look at them on a map they are all within a 30 second walk of each other on the south side of shannon bridge.

looking at the 1901 census for colloney street there are still anderson's although not at 87, they are now at 48.3 colooney place jane anderson 19 eva anderson 17, sisters of addie kearns head of family.

they are also at 60.2 colooney place ada, lizzie and rose anderson, nieces of head of family sarah eddis.

scott anderson

Thanks

Elizlloyd

Offline scotty1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 March 17 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi ElizLloyd,

If you message me as much info as possible that you have on Sarah I will have a look about at things. I have found some new leads for Anderson's in Limerick going back to  Ballinabrackey in County Meath. I cannot promise anything but I will have a look.

Scott

Offline scotty1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 March 17 23:39 GMT (UK) »
See marriage certificate I reckon Sarah's mother was Kate as per witness with John the father. Note that Sarah was a minor so could be aged 12 through to 20 years of age.

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 October 23 12:37 BST (UK) »
scotty1966

I apologise for not replying to you earlier but I really appreciate your help in finding more about the Anderson family all I know is they lived in Clooney Street, Limerick and all I have is Sarah and Robert Lloyd's marriage certificate to go on with her parents names on it..  I would welcome any help you are able to give

Thank you for finding the copy of marriage certificate in marriage register of Sarah Andersons marriage to Robert Lloyd and yes good to see and read on this marriage certificate John and Kate his wife signing this marriage certificate as witnesses and also good to see John Andersons occupation I read it as caretaker.

I would really welcome your help in finding out more on the Anderson family where they were born and where they lived and more information on John Anderson and if he was always a caretaker throughout his life  I would love to know more about Kate her maiden name and where she was born and her parents and family.

This is so kind of you to help me and I appreciate this marriage certificate very much and look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Elizlloyd

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 06 October 23 13:19 BST (UK) »
scotty1966

Thank you for your message and I apologise for not replying back to you earlier.

I would really appreciate any information on the Anderson family that you can find out and obtain through researching them for me I would be very grateful for your help.  I am interested in the Anderson  lead to Ballinabrackey, Co Meath   This is a new town to me Ballinabrackey and I would be interested to know about the Anderson family there.

Thanks
Elizlloyd

Hi ElizLloyd,

If you message me as much info as possible that you have on Sarah I will have a look about at things. I have found some new leads for Anderson's in Limerick going back to  Ballinabrackey in County Meath. I cannot promise anything but I will have a look.

Scott

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 08 October 23 19:01 BST (UK) »
Scott Anderson

Thank you for messaging me and I am interested in researching the Anderson family in Limerick, as I have a John Anderson and Kate Anderson my Great Great Grandparents  being witnesses and signing Robert Lloyd and Sarah Andersons marriage certificate from my Great grandparents in St Michael's Church Limerick. 

Well I am keen to find out more information on John and Kate Anderson, where they lived more about their lives and their families. 

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks
Elizlloyd

Hi Karen,

scott anderson