Author Topic: STARR Family of Foxton  (Read 5612 times)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STARR Family of Foxton
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim I did receive the message.  Let me know where you are with your research re JOHN STARR? and how do you connect with my Starr family.  I'm a big foggy this morning but will see If I can help.  LOL.  Regards Dianna

Offline Kimstarr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi. My email is kim.starr09@gmail.com if you want to email me I can tell you what line I'm on. My dad also had a DNA test done so if you have we can see if we match there too. Cheers

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 July 19 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm just following up on my Charles STAR/R and family in FOXTON.  I am trying to find out which church that Charles and/or his siblings were baptised in.  Charles was baptised 8 FEB 1835 parents JOHN and ANN. 

1841 British Census;- Foxton
Address;- Foxton Street.Foxton
John Starr 25yrs Ag Lab, wife Ann 25yrs, Charles 6yrs, Thomas 4yrs, Mary 2yrs & Jacob 4mths all natives of Foxton.

I'm putting together a "Small Book" on Foxton to celebrate what would have been my mothers 100th Birthday next year.  As she is descended from Charles STARR I am collating data and hopefully photos and anything of interest on the family.

I'm hoping that the baptisms too place in St. Laurences Church!!

Also I looked at:-
http://www.foxtoncambs.info/documents/graves.pdf
St Laurence Church, Foxton, Cambridge AD2001
NO STARR/STAR HEADSTONE HERE.

Is it possible to find burials (with no headstone maybe) for ANN and/or JOHN STARR. 
P25 entry no 73

John STARR of this Parish & Anne LOKER of this Parish were married in Church by Banns this 28th day of July 1834 by Jos Walter BERRY
John STARR (his mark) Ann LOKER (sig)
In presence of Elisa BARNES (her mark) & other signature difficult to distinguish but possibly Barry COOPER

NO ACTUAL CHURCH IS MENTIONED HERE EITHER. Hope there is a way to find out.  JOHN and ANN still alive on the 1881 Census.  Any help adding some "colour" to the story would be greatly appreciated.  Kindest regards Dianna