Author Topic: Tasman Sotheran  (Read 4700 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Tasman Sotheran
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hi 64917082

Must be confusing for you to have 2 researchers called Sandra  ;)

Also worth keeping an eye on http://raogk.wikia.com/wiki/California incase there is a volunteer who could help you.  The new RAOGK site is still under construction but the wiki one is a temporary measure in the meantime.

Good Luck
Sandra  ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 12:35 BST (UK) »
Sorry to both Sandras - had not even noticed that !!!  Too exited at all this new information re Aubrey Tasman.  Thank you both so much ane I will be sure to point out to Ann tomorrow that she has two nice ladies to thank!!!
Cheers again
Sue Collett

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Another thought, if you have the state and enumeration district for the 1930 census, the link below will convert that to the 1940 Census equivalent. So you may be able to find Esther if Tasman had already dies by that date.  ???

http://1940census.archives.gov/getting-started/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline SandraAust

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 14:09 BST (UK) »
Looking at just Glee for the moment, possible 1920 census entry for Glee E LAW born c1894 Ohio, husband John D LAW born c1890 Ohio, Mary E LAW c1918 Ohio and Donald S LAW c1920 (aged 1 month) - living at Bucyrus Ward 2, Crawford, Ohio. By 1930 John is transcribed as John W and there are 2 more children.

The other Sandra  ;D
Compton: England (Hampshire, Surrey), Australia
Bentley: England (Lancashire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire), Australia
McGowan: NZ, Australia
Rowley: NZ, England, Australia
Salvin: NZ, England, Australia
Von Lehenner: Germany, England

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 14:24 BST (UK) »
Another double thanks Sandra ladies.  I can see my friend Ann spending some eye opening time checking out all the links that you are posting for her.  We are both fairly new to ancestor searching and are constantly amazed at not only the information available, but also all the good people out there who are prepared to give time and attention to helping the likes of us.
Cheers to you both Sue Collett

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 14:50 BST (UK) »
Per the California death index, Tasman Southeran died 3 Apr. 1939.  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-26180-41707-62?cc=1932433&wc=14216751

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 11:14 BST (UK) »
Good evening again ladies, thank you all so much, I have passed on all your information to Ann Sotheran, and I have suggested she log in to Rootshcat so that she can thank you herself.  I know she also has some more questions that you might be able to help her with.  I also have a question for my previous contact - both Ann and I had searched several times on Family Search for Tasman and had not been able to find anything.  It would seem from your link that this is where you found the record of Tasman's death.  Can you give me any hints for looking on that web page as perhaps I am not searching correctly. I would also be interested to find the record on Family Search as some of the smaller print on the link was too small to read and a bit fuzzy when you enlarged. I thought it might be clearer if I could find the entry in Family Search.  Must add that Ann had been in touch with the records offices in California in search of the date of death of her Grandfather and they came back to say there was no trace of his death in the state.  Congrats to everyone and many thanks.

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hi again ladies, just a general question please - I am gradually finding my way around this page, but I don't seem to be able to find my posts and their replies once I have either sent or read them.  The only way I can get them back is to go into the search field and enter the subject again.  The help page does not seem to give any advice so any help would be appreciated.
Cheers  Sue Collett

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

All the city directory entries for Tasman came from a subsciption site.

If you go to the side margin and click on your 64917082, it will take you to your profile page on another screen, which at the bottom will give you a choice which includes  "Show the last posts of this RootsChatter" - hope this helps.

Sandra