Author Topic: drumgoole/drumgoon mcconviille/fitzpatrick  (Read 1802 times)

Offline elly40

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
drumgoole/drumgoon mcconviille/fitzpatrick
« on: Tuesday 29 May 12 19:24 BST (UK) »
hi all back again
got abit further so have more names wondering where to go next my gg grandfather was joseph drumgoole born in cootehill co cavan parish of drumgoon 1868 he married elizabeth campbell in co down they had 6 children charles, elena-elizabeth, annie, joseph, kathleen james and felix (most born in india)

joseph's father was james drumgoole who married mary mconville in cootehill cavan they lived in church street and had 6 children anne,james, catherine, patrick, edward, and joseph(mentioned Above)

Jame's father is james married mary fitzpatrick, there is a name variation as some of their records seem to be for james drumgoon and mary fitzpatrick on some of their childrens baptism certs that i found i have found nothing pre 1825 and wondering how to get further back and also forward as i want to follow up on where their children ended up i have found nothing yet on mary mconville or mary fitzpatrick as the names are quite common place if anyone researching these names come accross them let me know also if anyone knows how i can get pre 1825 records that would be great

thanks a mil in advance

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: drumgoole/drumgoon mcconviille/fitzpatrick
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 19:36 BST (UK) »
what denomination were the marriage and baptisms you located ?

Drumgoon is the name of a civil parish, and also the name of both the Church of Ireland and RC parish for the area.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline elly40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 19:44 BST (UK) »
hi shane
they are rc baptisms

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 19:46 BST (UK) »
RC Baptism & Marriage records for Drumgoon parish go back to 1829 - so it looks like you reached as far as is possible for church records.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 20:04 BST (UK) »
very unusual having a surname the same as the parish...

just to note that as the RC parish which includes the area is sometimes listed as Drumgoon/Cootehill.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline elly40

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 May 12 20:57 BST (UK) »
thought it might be easy enough to trace but been at it years and only got this far the surname is drumgoole but noted on some records that it was logged as drumgoon the same as the parish. which may have lead to some sticking to the name drumgoon have found records for a john and thomas listed as fathers in some of the baptism records i went through so i am asuming that these maybe brothers of james but as the records only go back to early 1820 will probably never know