Author Topic: Andrew YOUNG/Robert YOUNG?  (Read 4350 times)

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew YOUNG/Robert YOUNG?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 June 12 01:02 BST (UK) »
Is it also the case that Woodhorn has more complete records for Spittal presbyterian church than the IGI. I'm sure someone told me that but I may just be dreaming!

According to genuki Woodhorn have Spittal baptisms from 1751 - 1837 and IGI have 1751 - 1853 so it would appear that IGI have greater coverage.

Christine

Offline MichelleBren

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 10 May 20 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi just wondering if you could help in anyway. I have just started to trace my family tree which takes me to Scremeston and East Ord in Northumberland. My ggg Grandfather was Thomas Young born in 1817 in Scremeston. His wife was Catherine T Young born in Scotland. Their children were Margaret Young (1844) William Young (1846) and Isabella my gg grandmother(1848). Just wondering if you have come across any of these names during your research? I just can’t seem to get any further
Thank you in advance

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 11 May 20 23:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Michelle

Welcome to rootschat.

Looking at the 1861 census you will see that there is another son, John, born 1855 and also that the place of birth for Thomas and the children is given as Ancroft.

Go to 1841 census for Ancroft and you will find Thomas Young age 23 still living with parents and siblings. His parents names are William and Isabella which fits nicely with the names of his children.

Can you confirm that his wife's maiden name was Grey?

Christine

Offline MichelleBren

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 22 May 20 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine
Thank you so much for your information. It definitely sounds like the Thomas I was looking for!!! Unfortunately with my kids off school at the moment I haven’t had the chance to follow it up. I’m new to tracing family history and it’s so interesting. I think their day to day life would have been very difficult. Thomas was an agricultural labourer and seemed to move or “flit” from farm to farm.
Thank you once again for your help. Stay safe