Author Topic: LANE Death  (Read 12858 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: LANE Death
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 06:50 BST (UK) »
Yes Neil good point! and the dc for the Rookwood chap may not give family info as the informant could be hospital Matron. 

The NSW BDM has Official Transciption Agents which helps save some pennies BUT with the popular LANE surname I think these transripts hold the answers... The Insolvency files may give info about any peron associated with either chap named John William LANE including reasons about his age health and domestic circumstances.

Does the 1898 bc for Arthur confirm The names/ages of ALL the older children ? 

I am on e reader so cannot do live link for Official Transcription Agents.

Cheers JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 14:58 BST (UK) »

I am interested in all The births for John Lane and Edith.
It seems that they had two more, one in 1901 William F and yet another in 1905 "Jack"  both registered at Burwood.

Neil

Neil,

William Faulkner & Jack LANE are another family.
If you read this obituary it names other members of their family.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/17932472

The children of John William & Edith Martha (nee Piper) LANE are:

Ethel Maud [married 1. BREEN - 2. WHITE]
William Edwin Thomas 
Charles Eugene
Mabel Edith [married BUSH]
Ada Henrietta Piper [married FORTESCUE]
Ruby O M [died 3yo]
Percy Reginald [died WWI]
Ernest Edward
Arthur James

Edith's obit 1938:

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/17436820

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 15:17 BST (UK) »
Adcor,

Do you have any of the marriage certificates for Ethel 1905, Charles 1906 or Mabel 1911?

It would be interesting to see what information about their father is on them.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 03:35 BST (UK) »
 :)

Old Naval Stores were at the Quay .... right on the border of the two electorates ,  George St  :) being the dividing road ! ....

I think this would be Edith's mother

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/14456188 SMH 9 June 1902

NSW BDM most likely # 4099

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline adcor

• RootsChat Member
  • so long ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 04:56 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,  I have been doing more research on the death of John William Lane.. I have checked QLD, NSW, Vic, and SA for possible deaths.  I have now received  death Certificates for both his parents -
Sarah and Thomas Lane who died in QLD.  From those, it has been confirmed that John William Lane was alive in 1915 but deceased in 1927.  This again narrows the field between and including, I guess, those years.  If indeed hehad desserted his wife, could he have died as a John Doe or pauper.

Could anyone please help or suggest where else I can start looking for him,  Two of his siblings - James Thomas Lane -(Woollahra) and Florence Arabella Lane (Vaucluse) were living in Sydney at the time of their own deaths in 1946-1947.  Florence was a spinster.

No information is forthcoming from John's remaining grandchildren - they know nothing of him.

Kind regards  Adcord

K
COOK HOWELL TREACHER TEASDELLLANE LIDDELL MCPHUN FERGUSON MORLEY HILDER BROWN CAMPBELL FOWLES WARTERS DAVIDSON-WORTHINGTON JOHNSTONE AUST. UK IRELAND Wexford - SLY  DOYLE ARMSTRONG MCGEE(scot)

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 08:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Again, Just a thought. There is a death recorded Sydney 1919 for a John Lane, Parents Thomas and Norah. I thought this could very easily be mistranscribed from Sarah to Norah ???

Neil ::)
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline adcor

• RootsChat Member
  • so long ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 08 August 12 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Neal,

Thank you for your reply - talk about great minds thinking alike... I had a verification done on this one about 18months ago through Joy Murrin.  It is Norah - actually this particular lady was Norah O"Shea.  From Ireland as was her husband.

Thank you for looking though.   I went back through some more info today.. Found the death of a John Lane in Queensland in 1917 - timeline fits but no parents listed.  just his age - There is a a 5yr difference with mine in age.  Also this death not in the Brisbane MA

I also found that John William Lane and Edith Piper came up here (Brisbane) Sometime in the late 1880's. Edith gave birth to a son - Ernest Edward Lane.  He was born very late 1887 - birth reg'd in Brisbane in 1888.  They must have at lest 4 kids in tow when they arrived here.  They went back to NSW and had some more children.  Have no idea what they were doing here - it was a real surprise.  John and Edith's last child was born 1898 - Arthur James Lane - Looks like John desserted the lot of them around 1901 -

Perhaps he did return to Brisbane - but yet to find him - he couldn't have vanished.  Dont know what else to do.

Regards

Adcord

Regards 
COOK HOWELL TREACHER TEASDELLLANE LIDDELL MCPHUN FERGUSON MORLEY HILDER BROWN CAMPBELL FOWLES WARTERS DAVIDSON-WORTHINGTON JOHNSTONE AUST. UK IRELAND Wexford - SLY  DOYLE ARMSTRONG MCGEE(scot)