Author Topic: PARISH CHURCH RECORDS  (Read 9329 times)

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: PARISH CHURCH RECORDS
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 15:41 BST (UK) »

They were both Priests. Stephen was the PP in Kanturk until his death in 1962 although he did spend some time in Salford near Manchester and James moved to Australia in 1911 and he lived there until his death in 1972.

I think you could be on to something with James Wigmore and Kate O'Callaghan.

Margaret

Offline MozzyA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 July 12 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret,

I am researching the Wigmores from Liscarroll also, my G Grandmother was Elizabeth Wigmore, I have a little information and think that she is connected to James and Stephen. Her father was Stephen Wigmore born in 1816 in Liscarroll. Its quite confusing as the names James and Stephen seem to be very common in the family. I can try and answer any questions you may have, and maybe we will both learn something, I am in intrigued to know what this family mystery is.

MozzyA

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 July 12 18:40 BST (UK) »

I am trying to prove or disprove that Stephen born 1876 and James Wigmore born 1878 are the correct family connection. I know they are brothers and I suspect that the ages I have from censuses are correct as they were well educated men. I want to eliminate as many as I can until I home in on the correct brothers but I can't find out much about Stephen and James who were both Catholic priests. I know the Wigmore name occurs a lot in Lisscarrol and the surrounding area and that the names Stephen and James occur in more than one family. It's just finding the right Wigmore family.

Offline MozzyA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 July 12 22:43 BST (UK) »
James and Stephen are the sons of James Wigmore and Kate O' Callaghan, Stephen was baptised on the 8th of February 1876 in Churchtown and James was baptised on the 4th of April 1878.

The members of the Wigmore Family buried in Liscarroll are as follows,

Stephen Wigmore died November 1876 aged 28

Patrick Wigmore MD died 1877 aged 27

Stephen Wigmore died 1909 aged 92

John Wigmore died 1874 aged 36

James B Wigmore died 1886 aged 76

Ellen Wigmore (wife of Stephen) died 1866

John Wigmore died 1809 aged 64 years &

John Wigmore died November 1766.

I hope that this may be of assistance to you.

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 July 12 11:04 BST (UK) »

Thank you so much MozzyA I really appreciate the information. I've got a little further at last thanks to you. If I can reciprocate any time please let me know.

Offline jjfmurphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 29 October 12 01:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any information on Olympia Wigmore of Liscarroll? Olympia married William Murphy of Churchtown approx 1837 and they had 4 sons Daniel, John, Stephen and James who all became priests in the United States.

John Murphy

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 29 October 12 08:40 GMT (UK) »
John I suggest you open a new topic for your query so more people will see your request.

Margaret  :)

Offline jjfmurphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 October 12 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Margaret. I will. I do suspect she is related to Wigmore's listed here.

Offline jjfmurphy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 07 November 15 23:18 GMT (UK) »

I am trying to prove or disprove that Stephen born 1876 and James Wigmore born 1878 are the correct family connection. I know they are brothers and I suspect that the ages I have from censuses are correct as they were well educated men. I want to eliminate as many as I can until I home in on the correct brothers but I can't find out much about Stephen and James who were both Catholic priests. I know the Wigmore name occurs a lot in Lisscarrol and the surrounding area and that the names Stephen and James occur in more than one family. It's just finding the right Wigmore family.

From my research into the Liscarroll Wigmores, Stephen & James we the sons of James Wigmore & Kate O'Callaghan. The father James died in a hunting accident in 1877 just prior to the birth of son James.  Their uncle was Rev John Canon Wigmore of Mallow. Hope this helps. I've attached Stephen's obituary. James spent time in Sheffield before going to Australia.