Author Topic: William Maher 1845 Kilkenny / Merthyr Tydfil S Wales  (Read 4824 times)

Offline hit a wall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Maher 1845 Kilkenny / Merthyr Tydfil S Wales
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 20:23 BST (UK) »
I would say yes as he got married in a RC church and i know his daughter and her children all the way down are.

Would i be able to look at the free index on the pay-website at RootsIreland....?

Cheers
DP

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 20:29 BST (UK) »
Would i be able to look at the free index on the pay-website at RootsIreland....?

I think you have to sign up first... might need your credit card for that. It's a pay-per-view system, and even the searches can cost you credits... so be careful..

www.rootsireland.ie

The free part of the index doesn't show any details, just the number of results for your search.. so it's a bit tricky to use. There are quite a few William Maher baptisms, and also Maher baptisms with father Laurence - but I cannot see any matches when I combine the two parameters. Unfortunately RC records dont generally include occupation, so the tide waiter clue will probably not help...

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline hit a wall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 20:45 BST (UK) »
Shane your help is much appreciated, thanks very much indeed.

I will have a snoop about,if i find anything i,ll post you, and if u find another welshman stuck on his Irish "Maher" descendant give us a shout..!!!  ???
Many Thanks
Darren

Offline Nailer1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 June 12 22:11 BST (UK) »
If you feel that there is a connection with New Ross, which is in Co. Wexford,  the nearest Kilkenny Parish to New Ross is Rosbercon,  which is across the dividing river.  Beyond that are The Rower and Inistioge parishes.
Best of luck with your search.