Author Topic: Census 1901/1911 - Missing townlands or Streets  (Read 41937 times)

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Census 1901/1911 - Missing townlands or Streets
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 02 November 19 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Monalahy & Newcastle townlands in Greenfort DED in Cork are missing for 1901.
NAI confirmed and I had to go in to check the microfilm.
Also note that the townland of Monalahy appears early in the reel and then there's few more returns for it near the very end.
Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

Offline BeeMack

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 07 February 20 13:56 GMT (UK) »
1911 CENSUS Part of DORSET STREET UPPER
All the inhabitants at 75 Dorset Street Upper 4 Families
Looks like the numbers 74 - 82 Dorset Street Upper are missing
Dublin Electoral Rolls confirm Families there

My great grandparents parents is one of the missing families  they are on the Microfiche but on the Digitised version

Offline pwaldron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 27 April 20 16:39 BST (UK) »

I think that there may be a small area on the southern edge of Limerick City missing from the 1911 census website.

In 1901, Edmond Barry is with his second wife and children of both of his marriages at
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Limerick/Glentworth/Rathbane/1499764/
His married son from his first marriage James F Barry is at
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Limerick/Dock_Limerick_Urban_No__4/Quinn_Street/1502104/
I cannot find either Barry family in 1911.

James F. Barry subsequently became Mayor of Limerick and his biography by Matthew Potter confirms that "He resided in Janesboro for much of his life."

Janesboro appears to have originally been the name of a house shown on the Ordnance Survey maps on the west side of what is now O'Donoghue Avenue.  This road was originally also the Municipal Boundary or County Borough Boundary.  The road divided the townland of Rathbane North into two parts, the northwest corner apparently within the city limits and the remainder of the townland outside the city limits.

In 1901, "Rathbane" is the only "townland" in Glentworth DED.
The actual townlands of Rathbane North and Rathbane South are in Limerick South DED.

In 1911, Glentworth DED is gone.
The townlands of Rathbane North and Rathbane South are in Limerick South Rural DED.

Is the part of Rathbane North within the city limits (including the two Barry households) missing from the 1911 census website?

Or can anyone else find the Barrys in 1911?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 18 June 20 15:04 BST (UK) »
Just adding this thread about Charlemont Villa and Rathmines and Rathgar East DED in general.
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=832961.new;topicseen#new

Offline felixquaxer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 22 June 20 12:44 BST (UK) »
Sinann

I notice that you have added to the list of missing matters from the 1901 and 1911 Census the responses re Charlemont Villas Ranelagh Generally I leave diving into the Census to others who are more familiar with it than I am. Upon reflection ,when I saw what you had posted the question arose in my mind about what to do with the "results" of the work which I had done and items not of a purely genealogical nature which I did not post. It is impossible for me to keep this material indefinitely for the chance that somebody later on might wish to raise some point about the Villas. The material includes:
      !) Items I have looked at but not reported for reasons of space/direct relevance
      2) Items I have looked at and rejected rightly or wrongly but another person later on would
          like to know about.
Your response or that of others would be appreciated.

Felixquaxer

Ps The names of some occupants from c.1870-1900 are available on request
or wrongly

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 08:00 BST (UK) »
I was hopeing someone might have had some ideas for you by now.
Only person I can think of is Shane https://www.swilson.info/index.php perhaps he would be interested.
He started this thread back in 2012.

Offline felixquaxer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 23 June 20 12:44 BST (UK) »
Sinann

Thank you. All of us look at the world from different angles (both male and female).It just seems a shame that cumulative research is discarded in cases like these . Although many sources may only have a limited degree of relevance ,quite often they are catalysts for more ideas. I find that is what makes researching in Ireland so interesting. The second line records which normally would not be given a second glance come to the front and are often of great interest .

Felixquaxer

Offline pwaldron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 10 March 21 22:24 GMT (UK) »
A large chunk of the 1901 returns for Clonmel West Urban appear to be missing from the census website.

In 1901, there are only 17 streets etc. in this DED, all bar one from O'Connell on in the alphabet:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tipperary/Clonmel_West_Urban/

In 1911, there are no less than 56 streets etc. in this DED:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tipperary/Clonmel_West_Urban/

The family that I am looking for lived in Gladstone Street, which is divided in 1911 between Clonmel West Urban (where I found the Francies/Holland household) and Clonmel East Urban, but only the part in Clonmel East Urban appears in 1901, and I cannot find the Francies/Holland household anywhere else in Ireland in 1901.

There is no mention of Clonmel in John Grenham's list of "What's missing from the 1911 census?" at
https://www.johngrenham.com/browse/missing_1911.php

Offline JessC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 06 April 22 14:14 BST (UK) »
Barrack Street in Newry, West urban, co. Down seems to be missing from 1901 census.