Author Topic: Looking for Hoult/Holt family  (Read 5744 times)

Offline wales0706

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Hoult/Holt family
« on: Sunday 10 June 12 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have been tracing my roots for a few years now and have hit a brick wall trying to find this family on 1841 census. i think they were travellers and maybe they didn't do the census.

William Holt/Hoult possibly born 1799C Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire cant be exact
his wife Mary Ann nee Calladine 1810 Nottinghamshire
their children Elizabeth 1831 Chesterfield
Charles 1833C Chesterfield
Jarvis 1833c Chesterfield
William 1837 Chesterfield
Then there is a big jump and the next child is Hannah born 1847 then Michael 1849

In 1851 i am able to find duaghter Elizabeth married to Solomon Bath and with them they have her brothers, Charles, Jarvis and William.  But can't find the rest of the family again. I know the mother hasnt died because i find her in Brecknock in 1861 travelling with son Charles.

Thanks
Bath, Holt, Calladine, Cox, Gorin(g), Skyrme, barnes, Coles.

Offline miggymog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Hoult/Holt family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 19:17 BST (UK) »
I have been chasing the Hoult family for many years also as my gt. grandfather Francis Parker married Mary Ann Hoult (nee Calladine).     I have some information which may be of help to you i,e. in the 1871 census Mary Ann and Francis Parker are living in Shelton, Staffs.   With them at the same address is MIchael Hoult, son in law, Eliza Hoult and Ellen Parker granddaughter.   If you would like to get in touch I may be able to help further.

Offline wales0706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 21:06 BST (UK) »
WOULD BE GREAT TO SHARE INFO  :)

Offline miggymog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 May 13 12:00 BST (UK) »
Sarah,
Below is all the information I have gathered over many years, some of which you probably know.

My gt./gt. grandfather Francis PARKER first married Mary SUTTON (unknown date) and their children were:-
Thomas 1831 m. Elizabeth Britland
Bethia 1834 m.John Scanlon
Francis 1837 m. Mary Holmes
Enoch 1840 died age 2 years

John SCANLON and Bethia PARKER had a daughter Helena (I think later known as Ellen) who in 1882 at Trinity Church, Northwood, Staffordshire, married Jervis BATH.   Jervis was age 23 and Ellin age 19.  Jervis was a traveller and his father was Solomon BATH. 
I don't know when Francis's first wife Mary SUTTON died but in 1866 at Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Francis married Mary Ann HOULT both widowed.  Mary Ann's father was named as Thomas CALLADINE so she must have been married to a HOULT before her marriage to Francis.

In 1871 Michael HOULT is living with Francis and Mary Ann. Also at the same address is Eliza HOULT age 19 and Ellen PARKER age 9.
In 1881 Francis and Mary Ann are lodging with Ellen PARKER and Jervis BATH age 23 (they married the following year) .

When Mary Ann PARKER died in 1884 her grand daughter Ellen BATH was present at the death.

I do hope some of the above is helpful.

Regards,
Margery

Offline wales0706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 23 May 13 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I'm glad our information matches.

Now Solomon Bath was my gt gt gt grandfather his son Henry James Bath stayed in Wales when they travelled here, Solomon took family up to Staffordshire around 1869-71 I think. Jervis was obviously Henry James brother. Solomons wife Elizabeth was a Hoult before marriage. Her fathers name was William. I think the Mary Ann that married Francis may have been her mother. Mary was a Calladine before marriage. I think because of the traveller background they married ino each others families.

I have found calladines/Hoults/baths marrying

Michael Hoult is also Mary Ann's son he was with Solomon and Elizabeth on the 1861 census.

Sarah

Offline Aziliz22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hi I have the Holts/Hoults in my husbands tree. William Hoult who married Mary Ann Calladine had the following children
Elizabeth of course married Solomon Bath
Charles
Gervase Bostock
William
Hannah married a Samuel Whiting whose brother William married Hannah Browett (sister of below)
Michael married his cousin Ann Eliza Browett

William Hoult's sister Elizabeth (parents George and Elizabeth) was the second wife of Gervase Bostock who was the brother of Mary Ann Calladine's mother - yes it's complicated!

Offline wales0706

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 April 15 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hi, thank you, finally someone with the same information as me, I could never find out who Williams parents were. Yes it is complicated.

Offline selinat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 16:07 BST (UK) »
Yes it"s complicated, i have been trying to follow this families on and off for years, here are the death announcement cards for Elizabeth Bath and Maryann Parker, which belonged to my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Ireland nee Proctor. Gervase/Jarvis Bostock"s first marriage was to Lucy Briggs, his daughter Elizabeth Bostock married Thomas (worth) Proctor.

Offline selinat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 16:28 BST (UK) »
Yes it"s complicated, i have been trying to follow this families on and off for years, here are the death announcement cards for Elizabeth Bath and Maryann Parker, which belonged to my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Ireland nee Proctor. Gervase/Jarvis Bostock"s first marriage was to Lucy Briggs, his daughter Elizabeth Bostock married Thomas (worth) Proctor.
Sorry have tried to attach the images but nothing has happened, if anyone would like to see them , then i will send by private email