Author Topic: Mary Rogers born Llangynog, Montgomeryshire  (Read 3586 times)

Offline liverbirds

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Mary Rogers born Llangynog, Montgomeryshire
« on: Monday 11 June 12 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi to all, dont know if any one can shed any light on the parents of Mary Rogers who went on to marry Richard Jones who states he was born in Llangollen (parents not known). The Parish records at Llansilin show her as Mary Rogers unmarried with twin daughters Martha and Mary b. 1829 at Llansilin their father was named as William Morris. She married Richard at Llansilin in 1832 and they spent the rest of their lives at Llansilin. All census from 1841 -1871 for Llansilin show her as being born at Llangynog, Montgomeryshire. Also the 1841 census shows John Rogers living with the family a pauper and not born in the county.

Earlier in the year I had the privilege of seeing the copies of the Parish records for Llangynog and found her parents were John Rogers and Sarah? sadly the wife's name was never shown and I believe this was the practise, they had 9 children including Mary as follows.
All named  as children of John Rogers and Sarah

Robert b Sept 1789
Dorothy b. Dec 1792
John b. Oct 1794
Ann b.1798 d. 1799
Edward b. July 1800
Thomas b. 1802
Mary b.1804
David b. 1807
Sarah b.1809

My hope is that some one who reads this post may have a connection with the family as shown above as I have now run out of ideas.
Regards Liverbird  :)
Mc Cann,Dublin. Evans,Anglesey.Jones,Denbigh.Wesson,Huntingdonshire. Mc Dermott, anywhere. and the same names in Liverpool after 1861