Author Topic: Priestley family tree  (Read 10574 times)

Offline aitchiva

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Priestley family tree
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 26 June 12 10:59 BST (UK) »
the porirua library is a great place, its closer than hataitai, and I can get the actual photocopy of the parish record for 10 cents, I think the morman one in hataitai you have to pay so much per visit per day.
for the birth you found, I will for sure get the both parents, I have johnathan as the dad so it will show the mum as well, all for 10 cents.  wonderful value.  Thanks for suggesting hataitai though, I really appreciate all the trouble you have gone to.  Is there census at that time for wibsey where I may find the family of sarah.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Priestley family tree
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 26 June 12 11:11 BST (UK) »
I use google maps to work out distances between towns and in which county they fall. Although you have to be careful because boundaries have been changed over the years.  Using google maps and using the find directions box top left, I found that the town of Bedford is approximately 106 miles from Newington.

106 miles??? Not sure which route you found but it's taken an enormous dog's leg! 54 miles is the shortest route from Newington to Bedford (the town, not the county).

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock