Author Topic: RQ for Copy of Obit - Lemuel WILLIAMS  (Read 3314 times)

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RQ for Copy of Obit - Lemuel WILLIAMS
« on: Tuesday 26 June 12 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

I've been told there is an obituary for my 2xgr-grandfather, Lemuel WILLIAMS on page 5 of the local weekly newspaper "Pembrokeshire Telegraph" published on 12 March 1924 - I live in Christchurch, NZ and
finding it very difficult to discover much about my dad's folks from here so am hoping I may be able to discover a lead from the obit.

If someone is along at the Local and Family History Library, Pembrokeshire Libraries, I'd be very grateful for a scan of the obit.

Cheers
Lynda
Christchurch NZ
South Wales - main trunk family names - mam's side:-
Beard, Crandon, Clement, Lawrence, Langdon, Cartwright, Griffiths, Housego, Llewellyn, Stevens, Thomas. 

Father's side:
Williams, Rosser, Griffiths, Jones, Thomas, Llewellyn, Charles, Davies, Phillips, Powell

Offline BECA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RQ for Copy of Obit - Lemuel WILLIAMS
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 September 12 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynda,
I was at the Pembrokeshire Record Office today and checked the Pembrokeshire Telegraph of the 12th March, 1924 but there was no report of Lemuel Williams obit. I also checked the following week but nothing there either.
BECA

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 September 12 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Beca

thanks for letting me know .. It's a bit odd as the Pems RO advised me "On page 5 of the local weekly newspaper "Pembrokeshire Telegraph" published on 12 March 1924, there is a brief obituary for Lemuel Williams. If you would like a copy of
his obituary from the newspaper, Haverfordwest Reference and Local Studies Library can supply a printout from their microfilm copy"

Looks like I've steered you wrong regards the location of the information sorry.

Anyway -- I appreciate that you've taken the time to look and let me know.

Thanks Beca....

Cheers
Beard, Crandon, Clement, Lawrence, Langdon, Cartwright, Griffiths, Housego, Llewellyn, Stevens, Thomas. 

Father's side:
Williams, Rosser, Griffiths, Jones, Thomas, Llewellyn, Charles, Davies, Phillips, Powell

Offline BECA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 September 12 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynda,
Well it must be there if they say so - although I did a thorough search I was in a bit of a rush as I had quite a few things to look up in just a few hours as Pembs RO has closed now until sometime next year - relocating. I will make a visit to H'west Library sometime and see what they have.
BECA

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 September 12 22:58 BST (UK) »
really appreciate your assistance Beca and again -- my apologies for sending you in the wrong direction :-(

As/when you have time, will be great.

If you need anything looked up here in Christchurch NZ, ask away :-)

cheers
Lynda

Father's side:

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 May 13 02:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Beca

Is the RO open again? Wondered if you many have had any chance to check this out any further for me?

cheers

Father's side:

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Revisiting this request in the hope that someone might be able to check and obtain a copy of the obit for me please?

To recap - the Pems RO advised me "On page 5 of the local weekly newspaper "Pembrokeshire Telegraph" published on 12 March 1924, there is a brief obituary for Lemuel Williams. If you would like a copy of
his obituary from the newspaper, Haverfordwest Reference and Local Studies Library can supply a printout from their microfilm copy"

Father's side:

Offline lyndahirst_1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 October 15 08:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Revisiting this request in the hope that someone might be able to check and obtain a copy of the obit for me please?

To recap - the Pems RO advised me "On page 5 of the local weekly newspaper "Pembrokeshire Telegraph" published on 12 March 1924, there is a brief obituary for Lemuel Williams. If you would like a copy of

I wonder if the date was advised incorectly and it's not in the 12 march edition but a different one?  Lemuel died 06 March 1924 so the notice would have appeared after that date.

I'd be grateful if anyone were able to check and advise further please.

Cheers
Lynda

Father's side: