Author Topic: *ON LOOK UP BOARD*LOOK UP please 1841/51 census Plymouth? Jenkins/Jinkins etc...  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Ladyfing

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
On the birth certificate of 1857, Plymouth for William John Glasby, it records that his father and mother are John and Jane (nee Jinkins) of 4 Middle Lane. The 1861 census (FreeCen), shows Jane, a dressmaker, with her husband John and 2 year old son John at Middle Lane and Johns brother and his family I believe, (William Glasby),also at Middle Lane. I found a Caroline Jinkins in the 1861 census, also living at Middle Lane but I cannot find a marriage for Jane and John. I think it reasonable to believe that Caroline may possibly be Jane's mother. According to all the census records, Jane was born in Plymouth and her age seems to vary within 4 years too on each census, 61, 71, 81, 91, 01.

Would someone be kind enough to look up the 41 and 51 census for the surname Jinkin/Jinkins/Jinkings/Jenkins/Jenkyns possibly in the St Andrews area and Jane and Caroline in particular. The Caroline Jenkins I found in 1861 was aged 51 and married, so presumably hubby is around, just not at home that night. Jane was possibly born in 1832.

Many thanks

Debbie  :)

Offline Ladyfing

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: LOOK UP please 1841/51 census Plymouth? Jenkins/Jinkins etc...
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 02:39 BST (UK) »
On the birth certificate of 1857, Plymouth for William John Glasby, it records that his father and mother are John and Jane (nee Jinkins) of 4 Middle Lane. The 1861 census (FreeCen), shows Jane, a dressmaker, with her husband John and 2 year old son John at Middle Lane and Johns brother and his family I believe, (William Glasby),also at Middle Lane. I found a Caroline Jinkins in the 1861 census, also living at Middle Lane but I cannot find a marriage for Jane and John. I think it reasonable to believe that Caroline may possibly be Jane's mother. According to all the census records, Jane was born in Plymouth and her age seems to vary within 4 years too on each census, 61, 71, 81, 91, 01.

Would someone be kind enough to look up the 41 and 51 census for the surname Jinkin/Jinkins/Jinkings/Jenkins/Jenkyns possibly in the St Andrews area and Jane and Caroline in particular. The Caroline Jenkins I found in 1861 was aged 51 and married, so presumably hubby is around, just not at home that night. Jane was possibly born in 1832.

Many thanks

Debbie  :)
So sorry. Could you re-direct this to the look up forum I obviously posted this in the wrong place ... Oooops! My bad!