Author Topic: ATTFIELDS in Aldershot area  (Read 2132 times)

Offline Chalky

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ATTFIELDS in Aldershot area
« on: Wednesday 30 June 04 00:23 BST (UK) »
My mother's gx3 grandfather, Francis Attfield, had a brother called George Attfield born Wanborough bap 5/12/1778 Ash, just over the border in Surrey. He married a Naomi(Nimmy) Charlton at St Michaels Aldershot on 11/10/1800. As far as I can see they had 13 children(what a gal, that Nimmy!) in Aldershot and they were both still alive and living in Church Hill, Aldershot in 1851. (another brother, James Attfield lived next door).
One of their children, Jane, married a Thomas Newell (see www.newell-family.net)
 If anybody has any links to any other of these children I would like to hear from them....it'll save me some research 'legwork' in my impossible quest to find all my relatives!....and indeed I'd like to hear from any Attfields or their researchers

Roger
Researching WHITE(Darton/Barnsley, W Yorks)back to 1580 so far. Also, ATTFIELD/ATFIELD/ FIELD and variants(mother's family)(Wanborough/Worplesdon/Normandy/Farnham /Woking etc, Surrey), back to 1749 so far. Also LARBY Farnham area, MAYNARD Cuckfield(Sussex) and NICHOLS Sutton, Surrey.