Author Topic: Link: Canterbury Cathedral archives now at FindmyPast  (Read 11464 times)

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Canterbury Cathedral archives now at FindmyPast
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 22:19 GMT (UK) »
We'll have to be patient and keep checking to see what has been indexed.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 22:34 GMT (UK) »
I emailed Cathedral Archives recently to check if they still had parish records on microfilm for Stone in Oxney, as they aren't on FindMyPast. They replied to say they do and explained that they were only able to pass on to FindMyPast the records for parishes which gave their permission......apparently 4 parishes didn't.

I'm wondering if they still have all the records they had before they closed because at the time I was under the impression they were no longer going to have any parish records available.
Best wishes HL

Census information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 23:47 GMT (UK) »
I would suggest treating this as a secondary source but if you wanted to do a thorough search you would be best visiting the full collection at the Cathedral archives. I have not been over there since they reopened to see if anything has changed.

It's worth checking under the Collections menu for FindMyPast to see if they have the PRs you require to browse, it may well be that they've not indexed them all yet but the Canterbury Collection was originally uploaded to browse only (the only county that is).
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 February 13 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Indexing of this resource is done by Kent Family History Society for publication on CD as a source of income for the Society. They have an agreement with FindMyPast that they should not be included on FindMyPast until six months after publication of each CD, this gives them a chance to raise some much need revenue.

This information is from the March issue of KFHS Journal
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 28 February 13 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, Jebber.

I really must read my journal more carefully. ::)
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE