Author Topic: WARNER  (Read 13655 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: WARNER
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 11 December 04 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
There are quite a heap of Non-Conformist etc Chapel/Church Registers in the ERO.
Here are a few more which are not too far from the Dunmow area.
Bocking 1738-1838.
Braintree 1813-1837.
Felsted 1826-1837.
Stanstead Mountfitchet (2) 1812-1837 & 1822-1837.
Terling 1784-1837.
Wethersfield 1787-1837.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 11 December 04 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Morning All!

Looks like I'm going to have to go and visit the ERO!!  It's really not that far away but I think it'll be the new year before I get the time.
I sent an email to the Reverend at the URC in Dunmow to see if he knows any more so I will let you know should I receive a reply.
Lovely gloomy day today - ideal for staying in and doing a bit of family research!

See you soon,
Emma
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline Susie1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 11 December 04 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried the National burial index or british vital records, to see if any of these Warner's are on there.

Sue
Bell - London, Dorset & Somerset
Bridge, Crow, Fewell, Prior - Essex
Cane - London & Portsmouth
Hunter - London
McLeod - Scotland, Helmsdale & Wick

Offline Alistair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 11 December 04 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sue,
                      I will give them a try,
                           Regards
                             Alistair

Offline Ann12

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - third from the left
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 14:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Findem,

I tried to post a reply on the other message board (re: John Josolyne Warner)but my local server keeps crashing, so while it still works I will write it now. (and I hope I have the right person!)

I have found Josolyne's in the Gt Dunmow area going back to about 1760.  Also just to confuse myself even more I have found a Sophia Josolyne who married an unknown Warner c. 1780-1790 somewhere in Essex. 

I could be such a good politician with all my unknowns, possibles and maybes!! ;D

Anna
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />names: <br />Josolyne - Essex & Herts, <br />Wainwright - Hamps & London, <br />Kentish - Rotherhithe, London & Kent, <br />Herbert - Seaford, Sussex - London & Glous
Mumford - Essex, Birchanger
Sims-Miles - London & Hertfordshire
Cooper - Great Witley and London (Holborn)
Greengrass - Kent & London

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anna,

Emsworthy is the person on this topic who expressed an interest in John Josolyne Warner circa 1819.  Let's hope she has the notification facility turned on for this topic,  if you don't receive a reply to your post here send her a personal message.

Also Alistair has expressed an interest in John Warner as you have probably noticed.

I am still stuck on the same person that I started this topic with, Robert Warner who married Mary Cornwall 1769 at Gt Wakering and raised a family at Sandon Essex.  I do have a John Warner ancestor who was born 1776 in Sandon, he is the son of Robert and Mary.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anna,

I posted a reply on Ancestry (yes, me again!)...hope you got it!

I have absolutely no idea to this day as to where John Josolyne Warner and family fit into my tree (Alistair and I are researching the same line...think we worked out we are fourth cousins once removed!)  Once again, it's the time and money involved that is stopping me from sorting this one out...and also the fact that everyone seems to be called John!

I'm sure though that they will have to fit in somewhere - they were Warners and from Great Dunmow after all!

Regards, Emma ;)
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline Ann12

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum - third from the left
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

It's really bugging me as to where he came from, so, as I'm stuck on my direct Josolynes I shall branch off in a different direction and see how exactly John Josolyne Warner fits in.  With luck it shouldn't be too difficult (as long as they kept to this spelling of the name) as the Josolyne variation is very rare.  Also, as I have a least 2 Warner's married in there somewhere I might, if I'm lucky, find what I am missing in my own direct line.

Even though Josolyne as a surname died out in my family 100 years ago subsequent children have Josolyne as a middle name (much to my annoyance as a child!!).  So you see where my obsession with it comes from ;D

Anna

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />names: <br />Josolyne - Essex & Herts, <br />Wainwright - Hamps & London, <br />Kentish - Rotherhithe, London & Kent, <br />Herbert - Seaford, Sussex - London & Glous
Mumford - Essex, Birchanger
Sims-Miles - London & Hertfordshire
Cooper - Great Witley and London (Holborn)
Greengrass - Kent & London

Offline murraywarner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 01 February 06 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Maybe this is your Robert or maybe you or someone can help me with this
I believe they lived aroud Sandam and Great Baddow

When (8)William got married he was a minor and his father had to sign for him
Marriage of William and Sarah
Marriage Register kept for the Parish of Sandon in the County of
Essex Film #1472660, item 26
Marriage
#83 - William Warner of the parish of •Sutton in the county of Essex, Batchelor, a minor, and Sarah Smith of this Pairish of Sandon in the said county of Essex, Spinster, were married in this church by licence, by and with the consent of Robert Warner, the natural and lawful father of the said William Warner the minor, this eighteenth day of December in the year one thousand seven hundred and ninety by me, John Lewis Jun.r, Curate
Parliamentary duty chargeable hereon 3
This marriage was soleminized between us, the mark of William Warner, the mark of Sarah Smith in the presence of T.L.Tweed, John Rolf. The mark of Robert Warner, the father.

(a) Thomas Warner b  1790 d June 02 1843 m(1)Cathrine Bond d. in the West Indies d/o Capt.Thomas Bond m (2) Patience
   Thomas Warner (a) was a band sgt of an English regiment stationed in the Channel Island; he married Catherine Bond daughter of Capt. Thomas Bond who left property to heirs of disinherited daughter Catherine. Capt Bond was drowned by the capsizing of a brig off the coast of Newfoundland about 1834. Thomas Warner (a) was a school-master at the time of his death.
Children (1)Thomas b1814  England d 1881 Port Hawkesbury m(1) Harriot King (2) Lavinia LeBlanc
   (2)William Edmund b April 1 1818 or 1819 d Feb 27 or 28 1861 m Jan. 08 1843 to ,Mary Ann Price (see William info)
   (3)Catherine b. In the West Indies m William Dedman ( a London Police man)
                         See letters to and from the above and see Thomas' military
Note of interest
From 'Births, Deaths and marriages in Newfoundland Newspapers 1825 - 1850
BOND   Capt Bond drowned Dec 14th on passage from Alicant to Nfld. Dec 14/35 on board 'Selina'. Jan l2/16T(imes) from letters it is believed Capt.Thomas Bond had a son who resided in Nfld,

b)William  wife was also a Sarah
Their children  from the letter                             
My elder daughter, Sarah married to a man at Woodamwater but
she is dead. She has left two boys. She died Oct 12, 184?, aged
Martha, my next daughter, married a man from Danbury and died
Sept 5, 1846, aged 21 years.. Left no family.
Elizabeth is living in Springfield, aged 26. Elizabeth is living in Springfield, aged 26. b ca 1835 d Jan. 02, 1864 m George Bishop > On the 2nd inst, Eliza, aged 29 years, second daughter of Mr William Warner, and wife of Mr George Bishop. (From the  Halifax Citizen, Tuesday, January 5, 1864
Thomas living at home, 23.
John died July 18, 1841, aged 9,
Ellen, aged 1? is at home.
Henry died Sept 4, 1843, aged 5.
Joseph, aged 13, at home.
Mary Ann died April 11, 1843, aged 6 years.
My eldest son, William is 24 years old. He is
in the army, the 68th Light Infantry at Malta. He enlisted Nov 12,
1843 and in 2 years he got in the band and now is full musician. We
have not seen him since he went away. This is five years.

c)Robert There is not a mention of Robert's wife but he does mention his children in a letter and and seeing there are only 3 his wife may have died. They are:   
 The youngest is 13 years of age
Mary, the oldest, is married and has 5 children
Sophia is married and has two children