Author Topic: ANTCLIFF family Notts  (Read 12229 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: ANTCLIFF family Notts
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 July 12 10:58 BST (UK) »
Trish - I am pretty sure the baptism you found for Elizabeth Stanniland A, is the Elizabeth we are interested in, Marg , you can never say someone is definitly NOT related.....We all are somewhere along the line.
Stanniland was a common name in EM they were farmers, I am now going to look if one was a Tailor/ sailor or jailer!!!
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 July 12 11:41 BST (UK) »
Making progress!
Sorry if I confused anyone it just I tend to post late at Night and confuse myself sometimes!

Good luck with the Staniland search larkspur :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 July 12 13:30 BST (UK) »
The only John Antcliff birth I can find in Nottinghamshire is Southwell Mar 1846 15/676.
This fits the time frame and the Register area. May be worth sending for this certificate, I would, it will hopefully sort things out one way or the other.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 02 July 12 13:44 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Those names and dates dont ring any bells at my end :((

My gg grandad was John Henry b 1845...he married Sarah Wilson of Clarborough in 1864..their children Charles b approx 1865, William George b 1868 (my g grandad) and John Thomas b approx 1870.

Charles, I have not got a clue what happened to him...John T married Agnes Watts, and resided in Sheffield all their lives with their brood.
Births at East Retford
William George Antcliff Mar 1868 7b/18
Charles Antcliff Sep 1869 7b/3
John Thomas Antcliff Dec 1869 7b/12
Birth at Southwell
Charles Robert Antcliff Sep 1864 7b/268

Death at  East Retford Charles Antcliff aged 37 Dec 1906 7b/1 ( this is the one born 1869)

Offline margerie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 02 July 12 13:47 BST (UK) »
LARKSPUR AND TRISH....Thankyou for your time and effort :)
Most appreciated :) :)

I have requested copy of said birth cert, and should be here in a day or two!
You mentioned previously regarding Luke Antcliff's burial date etc...Could you tell me which church this was at at please, as I should like to visit.

Just seen your posting regarding Charles....THANKYOU SO MUCH...will follow this up too :) :)

Regards, Sara

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 02 July 12 13:58 BST (UK) »
E M- East Markham St John the Baptist, Luke buried 17 June 1814.
There are no A--- gravestones in E M churchyard. Send me a private post when you are planning on visiting, and I can meet you there, if you wish.

Offline margerie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 08:23 BST (UK) »
Have birth certificate for John Antcliff born 17th January 1864, father Henry a labourer, mother Sarah Antcliff formerly Sands. Registered district is in Southwell Union, sub district Kneesal.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 09:27 BST (UK) »
Well, I am more confused than ever here....
I have the marriage of Henry A and Sarah Sands, it took place in Holme near Newark and was 24 June 1833, so if they had a son John in 1864 he would have arrived 31 years after they were married. Henry was around 22 and Sarah 16 when they wed, so if you do the math, it simply does not work!! I have 11 children for this couple, and yes there is a John but he was baptised 15 Feb 1846 In Muskham.
So apart from all that I cannot understand why you ordered this birth certificate when the John in question was born in 1846.....
OK I am there...did you mean to put 1846???

Sorry about that took a while to click in the brain, put it down to age!!
We now need to check and see if both Johns appear on the same census, one as the son of Henry and Sarah (Sands), and the other as the g son of the E Markham Sarah!!
Ok on the 1851 John aged 6 is with his grandmother in E Markham
on the same Census Henry does not have a John living with him!!( In North Muskham) But Henry was born 1811 in Norwell  the son of yet another John and Elizabeth....and he does not have a sister Elizabeth either---I hope you can follow my train of thought---if so you are doing miles better than my husband!! So now we need to look for John son of Henry....
Ok burial John Antcliff 13 Jan 1847 aged 1 At North Muskham. Free bmd death Mar 1847 John Antcliff Southwell 15/555.
Sorry seems  I told you to get the wrong certificate-- at least we have ruled him out.

Offline margerie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 09:34 BST (UK) »
Ooops...My mistake..I did mean 1846! Been a long trying week at Silverstone lol