Author Topic: Evans bala  (Read 6467 times)

Offline Mygenes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Evans bala
« on: Monday 02 July 12 15:25 BST (UK) »
Has anyone done a family tree for the Evans family my grandmother was Mary Evans nee Edwards she was a cook in the Goat public house and the White lion she was married to Edward Evans they had two sons Edward Lloyd and Kenneth.
I know of several cousins but I would like to go further back.
My dad is Edward Lloyd Evans he moved to Liverpool and joined the police force
I would be grateful for any information.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Evans bala
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 July 12 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RootsChat

Hope we can help you.

Evans and Edwards can be quite difficult to research - as there are somany similar names - especially in Wales - so we need more information to look up for you.

I might just bring to your attention that it is RootsChat policy to not post details of the living/maybe living (identy theft, privacy etc)
There is a PM facility which can be used once you have made 3 posts - which enables more sensitive information to be passed away from the public boards.

Also we are not allowed to post details of the 1911 census (copyright issues) - but you can access the index free and there are tips on this site

Having said all that - could you give us some dates of birth /places of birth ???

Regards

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mygenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 July 12 16:10 BST (UK) »
I don't have any details of births etc except my dads 10/06/1933
I would like to research into the past and my dad once mentioned a family tree has already been done by a family member which traces family quite far back so if anyone knows of an Evans/Edwards family tree I would love to hear from them

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 July 12 20:21 BST (UK) »
If you are the Edward Lloyd Evans born inn 1933,your daughter it seems is looking for info about your parents on Rootschat?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 July 12 20:25 BST (UK) »
I must apologise for this,I saw an entry from presumably you father on Genes Re-uniiyed,the message should have been sent to him on there!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Mygenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 00:47 BST (UK) »
It was probably me I did a search on there a few years ago thanks for that info I now have some more dates and can contact some relatives who know more i think an extensive family tree has been already done by someone in family and iam trying to find out who so I can see it .

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 01:13 BST (UK) »
I'd be very careful though if I was you in copying from someone else's Tree.Try and verify all the details for yourself.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Mygenes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 08:28 BST (UK) »
Hi I have every intention of doing my own tree but as one has already been done for one branch of the family I thought it would help with dates etc , my Taid and great Taid both served in  ww1 and 2 so I was going to look at war records for some information. thank you for your help ...iam also looking for Edwards records as that was my Nains maiden name.

Offline Br1gau

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 08 July 12 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

As suzard said, these names are quite common in Wales, and possibly both your nain a taid were born after the 1911 census anyway. Do you know what your taid did for a living?

The best way is to find their marriage cert. which will give their occupations, and also the names / occupations of their respective fathers, and hopefully also their ages, not just "of full age!"

There are two possibilities for Edward Evans – Mary Edwards showing on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

brigau