Author Topic: Cork Ancestral Project records going online  (Read 19990 times)

Offline msbonbon65

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cork Ancestral Project records going online
« Reply #18 on: Friday 12 April 13 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane,

I should have said "fresh" records! I've been through the records for Cork on irishgenealogy and been waiting for some fresh records. When I read this it occurred to me, if rootsireland gets this bunch of records it could be a very long time before anymore fresh ones are added to irishgeneaolgy.

Maria

Offline FBI47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 12 April 13 21:52 BST (UK) »
You may be able to purchase these records from the cathedral as they now charge for the same information that is free on irishgenealogy.ie.  There is no telling if/when the Cork City records will be put on line.  I am waiting for a reply from the County Cork people as to a possible date.  I have escalated it since the person has not returned any of my 3 e-mails to him.  Hopefully, I will hear something.
Byrne, Jordan, Neville, Codd (Wexford), Hackett (Dublin) Kidney, McNamara, Driscoll (Cork) Cleary & Hogan (Offaly and Tipperary) Finnerty (Roscommon)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 12 April 13 22:14 BST (UK) »
specifically on the RC parish of Kilmacabea I dont think there are any more records to add...  1832 is a far back as they go as far as I can tell.

In the 1830s the RC parish Church is just east of Leap, and marked as 'Ballyhilloe Chapel', by the 1890s there's newer church in the village shown as 'St. Faughnan's Chapel'

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 23 May 13 22:26 BST (UK) »

Good news  re records on line.

The CIGO ( Council of Irish Genealogical organisations) (www.cigo.ie/news) have a very interesting item on their site stating that the GRO index will be coming online  shortly on the Government sponsored  website www.irishgenealogy.ie 

This is brilliant news for everybody searching for their ancestors as these records will
be freely available.   

Keep an eye out for this!!!  Don't know exactly when this will happen but worth waiting for!!!

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline FBI47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 May 13 23:50 BST (UK) »
Are these Cork City records or something else?  I have written to Mr. O'Sullivan 5 times and all of the e-mails went unanswered.  The person there spoke to him and told her that yes he has received all of my e-mails.
Byrne, Jordan, Neville, Codd (Wexford), Hackett (Dublin) Kidney, McNamara, Driscoll (Cork) Cleary & Hogan (Offaly and Tipperary) Finnerty (Roscommon)

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 24 May 13 10:01 BST (UK) »

Hi Barb,

It seems like they will be for all of Ireland.  Hopefully!!!!!

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,