Author Topic: Cork Ancestral Project records going online  (Read 19961 times)

Offline kit54

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cork Ancestral Project records going online
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Celtic Liberty,

I'm trying to find the following marriage, in the Diocese of Cork and Ross (ie Roman Catholic):

Ellis Dudley married 1809 Mary Blakeney

I got the information from familysearch site but frustratingly, it was submitted and therefore I have not been able to verify the facts  - it just states that it came from the Albert Eugene Casey study. I would  love to know the exact parish, date and any other info - possibly witnesses (although I doubt that there will be any). Research would also suggest that it took place in Cork City, but again, I am unable to verify this. I have been told that if I could get to a library, like Cork, that has a copy of the Casey study, then it probably could be located, by using the name index, at the back.

There are other Dudley marriages (eg Guilford Dudley in 1807 to Rebecca Boddy and George Dudley in 1808 to Mary Williams - I think these may well be Ellis' brothers). If only I could get myself to Cork!

Chris

Offline celtic liberty

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Allihies, West Cork, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris, Kit54,

I remember you had a query on the Cork board for these
surnames. At the time I did check the Cathedral of
St Mary & St Anns ( which is RC and known in Cork as
the North Cathedreal) at the Cork County library.  Nothing in all volumes of marriages and baptisms for those two surnames.

I had a look at the Rosemary Ffoliott's newspaper index which
is on microfilm at the Cork City library and found some entries
for both Blaneney and Dudley.  I will post the details on the
Cork message board.  While I don't think they are exactly what
you  are looking for they might be some help in the future.

Mary
Celtic Liberty
Bradfield, Buckley, Capels,Cronin, Desmond, Leonard, Lombard,Mullins, O'Brien,

Offline kit54

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 July 12 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

Thank you very much indeed for that - I am humbled by all your tremendous and extremely kind efforts on my behalf.  I will reply to you on the Cork message board, but please, I need to do a bit more research before I do so.

Kindest regards,

Chris

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 August 12 09:23 BST (UK) »
Is there any news about these records going online soon? I'm hoping to find the marriage record of William John Holland and Jane Grogan who came to Liverpool about 1879, according to family they were from County Cork. Not on civil records. First child born in Liverpool in December 1879.

Blue

Offline FBI47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 October 12 21:32 BST (UK) »
From what I have heard there is no date as to when or if these records are going on line.  The Cathedral is offering its own search service, for a fee, of course.   If you know the records are at the Cathedral, and you want to pay, you do have an option.
Byrne, Jordan, Neville, Codd (Wexford), Hackett (Dublin) Kidney, McNamara, Driscoll (Cork) Cleary & Hogan (Offaly and Tipperary) Finnerty (Roscommon)

Offline sheehan1853

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 11 March 13 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Is there any update on the Cork City records?  Roots Ireland says it they are still be compiled by Cork Ancetral Project and don't even list them as coming soon.
Thanks

Offline FBI47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 March 13 14:25 GMT (UK) »
I have written a e-mail to the people in charge to ask them, once again, when this will happen.  If they respond, i will post the information here

Barb
Byrne, Jordan, Neville, Codd (Wexford), Hackett (Dublin) Kidney, McNamara, Driscoll (Cork) Cleary & Hogan (Offaly and Tipperary) Finnerty (Roscommon)

Offline msbonbon65

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 12 April 13 19:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for parish records from St Mary's Church (RC) Kilmacabea & Kilfuaghnabeg (Leap)

Specifically the marriage certificate for my great, great, great grandparents Michael Deasy and Ellen Donovan 1831 and I'm still looking for the baptism records for 4 of their 10 children; Joseph, Ellen, Honora, and Brendan Deasy dates unknown.  I haven't even started the Donovan's yet, if these records are going up on RootsIreland does this mean there will be no parish records for Cork added to www.irishgenealogy.com anytime soon? 

Maria

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 April 13 20:02 BST (UK) »
Records for the RC parish of Kilmacabea (civil parishes of Kilfaughnabeg & Kilmacabea) are included on the Irish Genealogy website - see : link

Baptism and marriage records for the parish go back to mid 1832

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests