Author Topic: EUSTON of Tryddyn  (Read 4006 times)

Offline grandpa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: EUSTON of Tryddyn
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 August 05 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hello again,
I am most grateful for your efforts. You could well be right about these being reles but until I can positively identify Walton and his parents it will be hard to know. Thanks again.
Kind Regards.
Peter Euston.

Offline grandpa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 February 06 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello again, Recently I visited an aunt who I believed had no records of Walton Harry EUSTON. I was surprised to find she had several photos of him and his original marriage cert. It would appear his mother was Mabel Mary NEWTON (not Mary NEWTON as I believed). There was a hand written note saying that Walton was born on 15.1.1884. This may change when to look for him although he still didn't reveal himself to me unfortunately.
    I just thought I'd post these (very small) hints on the off-chance. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has read my posting and especially those who have replied.
Kind Regards
Peter Euston

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 February 06 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Peter!

Good to know there are some fresh clues - I have recovered from the last attempt at finding your rellies and will have another go!!   ;D

Can you post everything that was on the marriage cert - date, location, father's names, witnesses, addresses - anything you made a note of?

Do you have a place of birth on the handwritten  note?

will get back if I find anything

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline grandpa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 February 06 04:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Arranroots, thankyou for your prompt reply.
The marriage cert states marriage date 9th June 1917. Walton was a widower on 17/1/1914.
The witnesses were Annie BARBER & J.LAUCHLAN (I think).
Their addresses were given as (Walton) 316 Queen St Melbourne
(Ella) 7 Minister (or Murister) St E.Caulfield & their ages as 33 and 30 and their birth place as Tryddyn Nth Wales & Wedderburn Vict. respectively.
Parents - Groom:William EUSTON (veterinary surgeon) & Mabel Mary NEWTON
                Bride - Samuel Hobbs SMITH (labourer) & Sarah Anne Young BAKER
The Registrar was Fredk.C.BECK
On Walton's death cert for 6.1.1930 he was 50 yrs old, came from Wales, had the same parents as above, had been in Victoria for 26 yrs & had 3 children: Shirley Walton, Ralph Alan, Eric Bernard.
On Shirley's birth cert on 18.4.1920 Walton was 36 yrs old.
The note I saw only had birth date (15.1.1884) & death (5.1.1930). Unfortunately there was no other information.
I'm afraid all this adds up to very little but I guess that every little clue, no matter how small, is one step closer.
Again with many thanks & kind regards.
Peter Euston