Author Topic: Fairground and Circus Newsomes  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Brightongirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fairground and Circus Newsomes
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 March 20 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am currently researching Newsome's Circus during their time in Brighton in 1861.
I'd love to know more about them. Are there any Circus Bills from that time?

Offline TheStreetKid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 September 20 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hello.  I think my GGGGrandfather was Timothy Newsome (the lion-tamer) as well.  My father is John Newsome and my grandfather was also John Newsome.  GGrandfather Arthur Newsome.

I'm new on here, but have recently started doing some research into my family tree.

It would be great to hear from other Newsomes.  I'm particularly interested in anyone who'd be willing to share what information they have on the family lineage.

Many thanks.

Offline paul lamont steel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 October 20 22:50 BST (UK) »
hi .
im just in the middle of doing my tree and has come up that timothys daughter Harriet married my great great great great grandfather (i think it was) .......... Francis Lamont , they lived in Glasgow late 1800s ........
 i know they were a travelling fair etc but does anyone know if they ever went overseas at all ????? Francis had a son Nathaniel and he died in 1912 in south africa and am just trying to peace together why he would have been there ,my thoughts were the war or working on the trains  until it came up about the circus .......
 paul ,