Author Topic: Elder family originally from Londonderry, ireland  (Read 11837 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elder family originally from Londonderry, ireland
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 05 July 20 22:25 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

Not sure where your Robert Elder would fit in  :-\

John Elder married (1863) Ann Rodden- originally from Co. Londonderry but moved to Glasgow and eventually many of the family went to Canada,
Their son Robert born 1868 but died 1896 in Belfast so he can't be your grandfather's father.

You've probably read through this entire thread before posting but take special note of replies #24, #25, #38.
It's possible that others who have posted here previously will respond and may by now have more family details.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Trevbet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 06 July 20 11:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I will look into this again.

Betty
Hay/Wisnom/Kerr/Millar/McArthur/McBride/Archer/Noble/Cinnamond/Baxter/Young/Irwin/Harold/Dowie/Benson

Offline JNovikov

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 28 June 23 18:11 BST (UK) »
Hi The William White Roden Elder and  Margaret McTaggart were my grandparents on my Fathers side His name was David Elder and he was born in Anderston, Glasgow. I was called Eliza McLaren Elder after my Aunt Eliza McLaren and one of my sisters is called Margaret Beveridge Elder after my grandmother. My brother is called David McTaggart Elder. I also know that there was Aunt May and Martha, Uncle Robert, I remember John McLaren too. I had a cousin Rebecca probably a few names that I could also mention. So nice to read this post. I was looking into our family tree quite a few years ago and never followed it very far must take it up again. Thanks
Hi Eliza.  I was wondering if you were still on here as we know the same people.  Can you send me a message. I have just joined and can’t send a message until I post a few times they said. Thanks.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 30 June 23 08:40 BST (UK) »
Elderwilson was last logged into Rootschat in 2017.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!