Author Topic: Matthew Weekes??  (Read 5286 times)

Offline Bullet-27

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Weekes??
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 12 June 18 08:08 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I've spoken to my family with this new info. At first they weren't sure as they only knew of a wife going by Etty short for henreietta, but after reading the post by Sparett referencing she went by her forename instead of Phyllis, all the dots started to connect. They are now pretty much 98% confident this is the man we're searching for. My family did ask me to pass on their sincere thanks and appreciation for all the effort and help everyone has given to help us, particularly my grandma who has gotten some closure on a very unknown childhood. Thanks everyone. A relative has apparently applied or is trying to obtain a death cert or reference to when he passed, so hopefully they'll have that soon to complete the process. :-)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 12 June 18 08:39 BST (UK) »
  A relative has apparently applied or is trying to obtain a death cert or reference to when he passed, so hopefully they'll have that soon to complete the process. :-)

Which of the several Richard WEEKS deaths since your man was last in Cowra will your relative follow up on?

There is not  reference to Richard WEEKS junior in the funeral  notice of his father Richard WEEKS Senior

WEEKS RICHARD
17547/1946
Parents William & Emma
At GRANVILLE

Funeral notice
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17985974

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bullet-27

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 05:03 BST (UK) »
  A relative has apparently applied or is trying to obtain a death cert or reference to when he passed, so hopefully they'll have that soon to complete the process. :-)

Which of the several Richard WEEKS deaths since your man was last in Cowra will you relative follow up on?

There is not  reference to Richard WEEKS junior in the funeral  notice of his father Richard WEEKS Senior

WEEKS RICHARD
17547/1946
Parents William & Emma
At GRANVILLE

Funeral notice
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17985974

Sue
.     Hi Sue, I'm not really sure. I tried explaining the same thing to family, but ended up falling on deaf ears .

Offline chelbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 01 July 18 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi there
Matthew Weeks is my grandmothers father she was born due to a affair that her mother Clara Redfern had with Matthew. Clara was Etties cousin. We have been trying to find out any information on where he ended up and where he was burried. The reason you found Matthew ans Phyllis at different residences in Cowra was due to the affair. If anyone has managed to find out any info on him i would love to know. If i can help with anything let me know as i may have info you seek. Cheers

Offline Jennaya

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 01 July 18 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Chelbie

Welcome to Rootschat. Are you related to the Turner family who originally posted the question on here? Lots of information has been found, but it's interesting to discover that Matthew had an affair with his wife's cousin. It must have been difficult for the family.

Regards
Jennaya

Offline chelbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 01 July 18 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennaya
Bugger yes that is my family i was hoping it may have been another lead to where he died an was buried. My nans family kept everything a secret and my nan only found out that her sister was actually her mother when she was about 50. Oh well the search continues...lol

Offline chelbie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 01 July 18 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennaya
Do you have any idea on how we would go about trying to obtain a death certificate if we cant prove that Richard Matthew Weeks was her father as it is not on her birth certificate
Cheers Michelle (chelbie)

Offline Jennaya

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 01 July 18 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Chelbie

Anyone can get a death certificate if the death occurred more than 30 years ago. However, no one on this site has been able to find a death or burial for Matthew. I guess it would be good for your family to ultimately know what became of him.

Regards
Jennaya