Author Topic: Elizabeth Ray nee Townsend  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Carol_1965

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Ray nee Townsend
« on: Sunday 08 July 12 12:02 BST (UK) »
Am looking ofr a death listing for my paternal great grandmother Elizabeth (Eliza) Ray nee Townsend and her daughter Mary Ellen Ray.

Elizabeth Townsend married my great grandfather Richard Ray on the 9 Oct 1882 at the Parish Church in Fenton.

In 1886 at the time of my grandfathers birth they were living at Mear Lane, Caverswall and by 1891 had moved to 110 Wood Street in Longton. 

In January 1892 their youngest child Ann Elizabeth Ray died at the age of 8 years and their residence was given as 12 Castle Street, Longton. 
In October of this same year they baptised their two remaining daughters Lilian May Ray aged 4 and Mary Ellen Ray aged 1 on the same day.  My grandfather had been baptized already in the same year of his birth 1886.

This is the last known whereabouts of my great grandmother Elizabeth Ray and her daughter Mary Ellen. I obtained the baptismal account for Lilian May and Mary Ellen from 1892 and their mother is presumed to be alive.

By 1901 my great grandfather Richard Ray and grandfather James are lodging at 4 Peel Street, Fenton.  Richard's marital status still says *married* but Elizabeth's whereabouts are a mystery.  Lilian May is living at Ley Farm in Gomms Mill Longton with her uncle William Ray. Mary Ellen also disappears from the radar.

Carol

Offline MikeDavies38

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Ray nee Townsend
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 July 12 19:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol..  You do not mention the 1891 censu.  Do you have it?
Davies, Bywater, Murray, Gaunt, Benton, Jones, Richardson

Offline Lynnm1955

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, I hope you are still out there searching,
I too have been looking for Eliza Ray new Townsend, I believe we are from the same family, I can also answer your question about the disappearance of Mary Ellen Ray, she was my grandmother, hope this helps, please get in touch

Offline Carol_1965

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

Yes I am most definitely still out here! Please get in touch with me.
I am very interested in making contact with you regarding Eliza Townsend and her youngest daughter Mary Ellen Ray.

Kindest Regards

Carol

Offline Carol_1965

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 03:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

Yes I am most definitely still out here! I am very interested in making contact with you regarding Eliza Townsend and her youngest daughter Mary Ellen Ray.

Kindest Regards

Carol