Author Topic: Wern, Llanddona + Crymlyn, Llanddona  (Read 4029 times)

Offline jemair

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wern, Llanddona + Crymlyn, Llanddona
« on: Sunday 08 July 12 22:55 BST (UK) »
Looking for information about the Owen family who lived at Wern, Llanddona:
Henry Owen bur 26.10.1763, his wife Anne Jones, and their 2 (known) children Owen Parry b c 1728 and Anne Parry.

Also Edward Owen bur 27.2.1752 and his wife Anne Jones, bur 15.1.1773 who were of both Wern and Crymlyn, Llanddona. They had (possibly ) 8 children, including Grace Edwards, b c 1738, who married the aforementioned Owen Parry

I am interested to hear from anyone researching Wern, Llanddona or Crymlyn, Llanddona.
Thankyou very much. Judith

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wern, Llanddona + Crymlyn, Llanddona
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 July 12 21:14 BST (UK) »
I have an Ann Owen who married Thomas Jones d1742 of Trewyn LLanfihangel Tre'r Beirdd, she was the daughter of Owen Cadwalader and Jane ach Hugh.

There was an Owen Cadwalader residing at Wern according to the je griffiths pedigrees but no other info, could Ann be a sibling of your Henry?

Offline jemair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 July 12 22:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Aled,
thanks for replying. You may be the Aled who originally posted a message about Wern back in 2003 but your email address has changed since then as mine to you came back!
I am not sure if Owen Cadwalader was Henry's father but am off to Kew Archives tomorrow to see if I can verify that. It's difficult to be sure without Owen's dates, but it seems a good possibility.

Offline jemair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 July 12 22:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Aled,
thanks for replying. (You may well be the Aled who originally posted a message about Wern back in 2003 but your email address has changed since then as mine to you came back!)

I am not sure if Owen Cadwalader was Henry's father but am off to Kew Archives tomorrow to see if I can verify that. It's difficult to be sure without Owen's dates, but it seems a good possibility. So far I only know that Henry had a brother Richard and a sister Catherine and a possible brother Edward.

Next week I am off to Llanddona but it seems the PRs held at Anglesey Archives only go back to 1762, hence my trip to Kew where they hold the Bishop's Transcripts that start at 1673.

Best wishes, Judith

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 July 12 23:39 BST (UK) »
hi again  Judith

Owen Cadwalader was "the ancestor of Rev John Ogwen Jones, CM minister, son of David Jones, gardener of Bangor" (no dates). ...if this helps in some way

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 July 12 23:49 BST (UK) »
also, on google books..."the Parliamentarians invaded Anglesey there was many a loyal heart within the little island. Among others who fought for the King at St. Mary's Field was a substantial yeoman of the name of Howell, who resided in Wern Llanddona". 1646

Offline jemair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 July 12 17:58 BST (UK) »
Our visit to Kew proved very interesting as Henry Owen (Owen's father) and Anne Jones, (Grace's mother) were both widowed by the time of Owen + Grace's wedding and in fact married each other a week later!

Offline jemair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 July 12 18:00 BST (UK) »
It could still be that Henry + Edward were brothers, but I don't think they originated in Llanddona, so I will have to hunt further afield for them at the Anglesey Archives.