Author Topic: Daniel Ford, Farmer, Kinsale area Co.Cork  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Janeesca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daniel Ford, Farmer, Kinsale area Co.Cork
« on: Friday 13 July 12 20:05 BST (UK) »
Looking for Daniel Ford, a farmer by trade, Kinsale area c.1810. deceased by 1861.
Daniel's son. John Ford, b. Kinsale, Co. Cork, c. 1834, was a tailor by trade, he married Mary ? who was b. Queenstown, Co. Cork.  It is not known whether John married Mary in Ireland or Wales, but a daughter, Mary Ann, was born in 1857 in Newport, Wales. Mary, her mother, died in Stroud, Glos. in 1861, John Ford remarried later that year, and Mary Ann was brought up by John and his second wife, Emma Cooke.
The infomation regarding John & his first wife came from the 1861 census for Stroud, Gloucestershire, and the information about Daniel Ford  came from the certificate for John Ford's second marriage, which took place at the RC Church of the Immaculate Conception Beeches Green, Stroud, Glos.

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Ford, Farmer, Kinsale area Co.Cork
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 July 12 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Do you know were the Ford's catholic or protestant.

The site irishgenealogy has very good, old church records, for roman catholic's in Cork

I have had a look and can see a John Ford born to a Daniel Ford but in Bantry

john / daniel forde

Maybe if you have a look you may see something !

Tara

Offline Janeesca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 July 12 19:02 BST (UK) »

Hi Tara,
Thank you so much for replying to my Ford query, and for  the information regarding the Catholic births.
My 2xG.Grandfather, John Ford was a Catholic. The 1861 census for Stroud, Glos: shows his place of birth as Kinsale,.aged 27,  a Tailor by trade. After the death of his wife Mary in late 1861, he remarried at the Church of the Immaculate Conception in Stroud.and his daughter, Mary Ann, born Newport, Monmouth 1857, was brought up by his second wife.
At the beginning of January 1871 John died, he was interred somewhere in Trowbridge, Wilts.
A month after the 1871 census taken in April, his widow gave birth to my grandfather, Percival John Daniel Ford. The 1871 census shows that the family consisted of  three daughters, and a son, who was called John Percival Daniel Ford. I have concluded that my grandfather was named after his brother, though in a roundabout way, because John's widow was still distressed over the death of her husband and it was just easier to not have to think about a name. The family returned to Stroud where John's widow brought the children up as Protestants, though I do not know what happened to Mary Ann as she does not appear on the 1881 census.
John Percival Ford became a Rector at a church in Samford Brett,  Somerset, and had a son called Cyril Daryll Ford who became an Anthropologist and wrote quite a few books. For some reason after getting a University degree, he added the 'e' to the name Ford, which did not go down well with the rest of the Ford line.
According to a family story it was said that Daniel (maybe it was John Ford) was born in the same village as William, the father of Henry Ford, but that may just have been wishful thinking!. Be nice to think it was true though :-)
I have found quite a few  Daniel & John  Ford's, in the Griffiths Valuations for County Cork, I will have to have another look. However, the Forde you have found could be the one I am looking for.
Thank you again for your help.
Regards,
Jane

Offline JessForde

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 May 13 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

I'm Jessica Forde, grand daughter of Darryl Forde.

I would like to go on our traces. My first step could be Ireland:  Kinsale and Queenstown then Stroud UK,  etc..

So i'm looking for where, when, what did they do and the "emigrations".

Doing some research I came accross your posts about Daniel Ford and more (on another website also).
What you have found relates to most of what my uncle Tom Forde has also (maybe you know each other..)
Would you like to give me a hand with this? Share your up to date knowledge?

(Where does your scottish side come from? The Fords or your other side?)

I wish you all the best,
Jessica

Offline Janeesca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 May 13 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Jessica,
Many thanks for your query about Darryl Forde.
I have a lot of information and photos regarding the Ford family, all of which are on my Tribal Pages web site; if you could let me have your Email address I can send you an invitation via Tribal Pages to view what is on it, you will be able to access the photos too. My email address is (*)
My Scottish link comes from my Paternal side, but my father was born in Kent and I was born in Cirencester, Gloucestershire,  I have lived in Scotland since 1961, but did not know about my Scottish connections until my father's death in 1975, it is a mystery why he never told me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Jane

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Janeesca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 July 15 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hello again Jessica,
It has been awhile since my last message to you, and I have ony just found out that I wrongly put my email address on it which Roots Chat removed to stop spamming. Since then, in October 2013, we moved house but sadly my husband died 2 months after our move, so things were very unsettled for awhile.
I have a lot of information and photos on the Ford/Forde family, including C Daryll Forde. If you want to look at my web site on TribalPages send me your email address via RootsChat Private message route (PM) and I will send you the code to access it. I tried sending a message to you via PM but it said your In Box was full. I will try the regular route again:).
Kind regards,
Jane

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 31 July 15 09:12 BST (UK) »
Jessica won't be able to use PM system until she has 2 posts. Hopefully she'll log in again if she gets notification of your reply.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Janeesca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 31 July 15 09:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for letting me know.
Regards,
Jane

Offline Janeesca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 August 15 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Jessica
Regarding my last post, you will not be able to contact me through the PM system until you have 2 posts, so if you get to read this please send me a message via the normal route, this will bring your posts up to 2, you will then be able to send me your email address via a PM so that I can let you access my TribalPages web site. TribalPages will then accept you as a 'Family Member' on my behalf.
Do you live in the UK and does your Uncle Tom? Was he a son of C. Daryll Forde, or did his father, John P.D. Forde and his wife, Caroline nee Pittman, have more than one child?
Kind regards,
Jane