Author Topic: ? Muriel Annie(nee Smith)AIKEN,born Mary Ann SMITH, alias E M A M STANLEY  (Read 16934 times)

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ? Muriel Annie(nee Smith)AIKEN,born Mary Ann SMITH, alias E M A M STANLEY
« Reply #63 on: Monday 23 July 12 02:32 BST (UK) »
 :) For interest only letter written below, Muriel Annie to Edward (Teddie)
Will try to post actual letter but may be to large even after snipped.??

Corunna Road
                                                        PETERSHAM 7/2/900 (OR 7/1/900)
My dear Teddie
                      I received your loving letter today and I  was very pleased to hear that you appreciated my letter so much.  You say that you are always thinking of me. Well, I think we are both of the same mind love. But you know, the old adage that absent makes the heart grow fonder. But! do not think  anything would make me love you better and I feel sure that the same feeling comes from your your dear old self. I feel very sorry that you will not be home on Sunday. But a few days will not be long to wait. You asked me to let you know when mr mac was back. he was at the office on Monday. I must thank you very much for the oysters. Edie will go down in the morning for them. But I wish that you were here (spelt hear) to help me eat them. I am so glad to hear (spelt here) that you are keeping so well. I myself have never felt better in my life & everyone tells me I look well & dear little Edna is getting on well & poor old Mur is as fat as ever (THIS IS THEIR OLDEST DAUGHTE, MURIEL). She told me to tell you that her money box is almost full. I have not seen ? the papers or who was reelected as directors to the Berrima. I hope that you will be successful with your meetings. Look here (corrceted by her) old boy, you tell me that you had to pay four pence for my letter. Well I hav ehad to pay ? times that one shilling, so I will make one sheet of paper do you. Love I all this time hoping you think I hav etold you will be home on the 13th. With fondest love from Mur. Edna and your loving old wife, Mur

Reading this again, it does appear that she is convalescing after having a baby with people commenting how well she looks.

McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 23 July 12 02:40 BST (UK) »
 :) Attaching page 2 of same letter...also note that handwriting is same as marriage certificate signature (Elizabeth Mary Annie Muriel Stanley one).

McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 13:17 BST (UK) »
 :) Am including here the death certificate of Charles William SMITH, 1910. This confirms that Muriel's brother, Charles was living at Harris St as MAJM suggested, also Ada, his wife and children.

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 13:23 BST (UK) »
 :) Attaching birth certificate of Ruby Irene Victoria SMITH, sister of Muriel Annie SMITH.

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 06:28 BST (UK) »
Posting these for benefit of Rhonda who sent me a personal message on this topic.

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 06:49 BST (UK) »
for Rhonda