Author Topic: Hamill  (Read 4391 times)

Offline ADH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hamill
« on: Sunday 15 July 12 17:13 BST (UK) »
Help please.  I have hit a block and cant find any more info.

I am tracing the family history of HAMILL and need help finding anyone relating back from Patrick Hamill DOB 1834/1838 died around 1871 in Belfast I think?  He married Catherine Daly on 11th November 1862 at St Malachys RC Church Belfast.
 As far as I am aware they had two children Catherine DOB 1866 and Hugh DOB 1865.

Any info would be much appreciated :)
Thanks
Alastair

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Hamill
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 July 12 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi..

I can see the marriage of Patrick Hamill to Catherine Daly in 1862 on http://antrim.rootsireland.ie - if you go into marriage records, type in both parties names, and then go through the list until you see Belfast (RC), this will give you the marriage record. This may give you his and hers fathers names, which means you might be able to go back another generation.

On same site page, I found two children born to them and these are Thomas Hamill 1869 and James Hamill 1871.

Hope this helps you in some way,

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 July 12 18:44 BST (UK) »
www.familysearch.org shows several children:
1. son born 16 Feb.1865 Belfast registration district (page 315 in civil register)
2. son born 25 May 1869 Belfast registration district (page 363 in civil register)
3. son born 3 June 1871 Belfast registration district (page 338 in civil register)
4. Sarah married 9 Mar.1886 Manhattan, New York to Peter Kelly

There is a death registration for a Patrick Hamill, age 37, 1871 Belfast registration district volume 11 page 214. Although death certificates don't contain much detail the address might match that of the 1871 birth certificate.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ADH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 July 12 07:54 BST (UK) »
This is a great start thank you so much for your input - onto the next stage of the journey where I am sure I will be asking for more help!

Once again thank you.  :D

Alastair

Offline ADH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 September 12 20:41 BST (UK) »
I have hit another road block.

I have found Patrick Hamill born Glenravel Antrim 1801 and married to Mary McKeegan dob 1811  married 19/3/1827 @Glenravel Skerry Roman Catholic Church,living at Glenleslie Townland Antrim as a farmer.  They had 8 children mainly workers in the linen trade. Catherine, John, Ellen, James, Patrick-1836-1871, (who is the link to my family line) Mary, Annie, Robert.

I cannot find any links backwards in time or location to Patrick 1801. 

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thansk
Alastair :)