Author Topic: John Williams 1855 and Family  (Read 6883 times)

Offline JMCDD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Williams 1855 and Family
« Reply #18 on: Friday 12 July 19 12:22 BST (UK) »
It was John W (William) Williams. He did marry Annie Brennan. The other man in the hat is his brother, Rinky (maybe Arthur as he looks younger than John). I asked my mother but she could only remember him being referred to as 'Rinky'. John and Annie had three boys and a daughter. One of their sons was my grandfather, Clement Arthur (Dick) Williams. When he married he built a house behind them at Gilleston Heights (near Maitland). They all worked in the mines around the Hunter Valley region. He died in 1960 at age 70. My mother grew up next door to them and has very fond memories of him and Annie from her childhood.

Cheers JMCDD

Offline JMCDD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 12 July 19 12:29 BST (UK) »
And yes would be interested in anything you have. Cheers. JMCDD

Offline Middie01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 12 July 19 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hello JMCDD and hello again Linda.  John and Hannah are my great grandparents.  I could not find a birth for Clement on the NSW BDM, I take it he was born after 1919?  Are you in Australia?

Offline JMCDD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 12 July 19 13:11 BST (UK) »
Yes, I am in NSW Australia. Grew up in Maitland (Gilleston Heights). John and Hannah are my 2nd Great Grandparents. My grandfather, Clement Arthur Williams was born in Maitland in 1926 and lived his whole life in Gilleston Heights (formerly East Greta). I have not been able to find a lot of information on him apart for him showing up in the Paterson electoral rolls and his marriage in 1945. He passed away in 1991.

Cheers JMCDD