Author Topic: 1903 & 1913 NSW Electoral Roll lookup.  (Read 9060 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: 1903 & 1913 NSW Electoral Roll lookup.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 July 12 14:15 BST (UK) »
Not to worry,  I am sure Gerry appreciates that you and I have different resources, so we have simply confirmed each others resources !

;D

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 20 July 12 01:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for eveyone's research and assistance hopefully you have solved my missing Henrietta Pfeiffer whom came out as a 3 year old child on the Vesta in 1856.

What I now have after your help is this.

On her mother's death certificate in 1914 Henriette is shown as deceased.

The newspaper death notice has a daughter I can't account for, that is Mrs R Hamment.

I know the death certificate informant was William Pfeiffer but I don't know who placed the death notice.  It is likely that they were two different persons with Wiilliam assuming that Henriette was deceased and the other knowing of a Mrs R Hamment.

There was a marriage between an Annie H Pfieffer & Richard W Hammant in 1890 in the Springwood District.

Looks like also a birth and death of a child in 1892. 

The 1903 NSW Electoral Roll has Annie Henrietta Hamment at Glenbrook along with Richard David Hamment.

There was a NSW death registration for a Richard D Hamment in 1907 in the Sydney District.

the 1913 NSW Electoral Roll has Henrietta Hamment at 29 Cascade St Paddington.

The 1925 PO Directory has an Annie Hamment at Oxford st Paddington.

I'm hoping that Mrs R Hamment is Henriette/Henrietta Pfeiffer, I'll order a marriage transcription and go to the State Library of Qld and check the NSW Commonwealth rolls beyond 1913 to see if there is an end enrolment date for Mrs Hamment then I might have a rough death year and location because I cant find a death registration as yet.

Thanks again for your help.

Gerry

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 July 12 01:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry

The last entries I see for Ann Henrietta HAMMANT are 1930 and 1933 at 49 Murray St, Merrylands, home duties.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 July 12 01:42 BST (UK) »
Regarding the 'late Mrs Kullmer' as noted in Anna Pfeiffer's death notice in 1914, thanks for your help on this also.

I now know where Amelia Kullmer was residing in 1903 and it looks like from the NSW SRO deceased Estate info found by JM that Henry William Kullmer might have died in Germany on 3rd July 1904 unless I read it wrong.

I'll have to chase up the electoral rolls after 1903 to see when Emelia vanishes, I can't find a death as yet for Amelia Kullmer (born Emilie Rosealie Pfieffer 25th Jan 1864 Mount Gambier & married in 1885) there are no records for her burial at Albury or Wodonga.

Regards
Gerry

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 July 12 02:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Judith, I see the slight surname difference in spelling which was common, just like Pfeiffer/Pfieffer or Annie Henriette and Henrietta Annie or just Henriette.  I'l now concentrate my ER searches beyond 1933.

I found a published family history document that had no information on Henretta Pfeiffer apart from arriving as a 3 year old child in 1856 with her parents and with the death certificate of her mother having her as a deceased child I went along with this information but once I found the death notice in the Wodonga Newspaper (30th October 1914) and Mrs R Hamment appears whom I couldn't account for I had to find out more now I can't let it go.  I should be concentrating on my Charters Towers lot but that's another story.

Gerry

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 20 July 12 02:50 BST (UK) »
looks like from the NSW SRO deceased Estate info found by JM that Henry William Kullmer might have died in Germany on 3rd July 1904 unless I read it wrong.

;D   Now ummm.....  I think you are right Gerry, although I am aware of one of my forebears who died in NSW but held real property in New Zealand and his NSW SRO probate packet is indexed with the locality as NZ.  Just that one exception.  Several of my NSW rellies probate packets include real property outside of NSW, but the index seems to have used "locality" as their last address (ie locality matching up with the address of the informant on the respective NSW dcs). 

Gerry, in your instance, the NSW probate aspect was finalised more than 12 months after the death and in that era I think that is actually quite a long gap, so it could well be a death in Germany.  NSW Probate Packets are often quite informative, sometimes even include BDM certs.   I think the NSW Supreme Court may have actually required proof of death, particularly if the death occurred outside of NSW. 

Cheers,  JM 

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.