Author Topic: William DEHON  (Read 9553 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William DEHON
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 April 13 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Lee

Just interested to know whether you may have the death certificate for Katherine's mother, Amelia DEHON (nee HEASMAN) ?

Amelia remarried in 1897 and died in Sydney in 1934 as Amelia RIDING.

[Amelia HEASMAN / DEHON / RIDING was the younger sister of my gg-g/m Annie (HEASMAN / MORININI / RICHINGS) - the subject of the ultra-long thread as posted above by Pauline in Reply # 1.  ;D ]

Cheers
   ~  Lu

Offline Leeroy_2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 April 13 00:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Lu,
I have read that post of the last couple of days with a great interest ! Seems like you guys did a great job to trace every avenue, incl. quite a few twists and turns :)

I've attached Amelia's death transcription, 'I've had to compress the image to comply with the 500kb limit of rootschat. But I've got quite a few others I'm happy to share too.

I've also attached Amelia's marriage transcription with Simeon Riding. Interestingly in this document it lists her middle name as Nesiah. Have you come across this before ? It's the first time I've seen that middle name mentioned on any of her documents and obviously absent from her death cert.

Lee

Moderator Comment: Reported attachment removed. Please refer to our Copyright guidelines: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php
BODELL, SYDES, PRIGMORE, DAVIES from Shoreditch, England.
McNALLY from Hawkesbury, North Sydney & Yass.
DAVIDSON from Grafton.
DANIEL from Aberdeen, Scotland
SHERDEN from Leichhardt, Manchester.
GIUFFRE from Santa Marina.
DEHON from New Zealand.
SMITH, BOWERS from Waterloo.
BRADFORD from Dubbo.
ARTZ from Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany.
CAMPBELL, BEATON & McCALLUM form Argyle, Scotland.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 April 13 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Lee

Very many thanks - most helpful.   :)   (I managed to note details before images were removed).

Will be back in touch again, tomorrow.

~  Lu

Offline Leeroy_2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 April 13 12:58 BST (UK) »
I'm most disappointed with several of my attachments being removed. Anyways.. Here from you shortly.

Cheers,
Lee - (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
DAVIDSON from Grafton.
DEHON from New Zealand.
BRADFORD from Dubbo.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 April 13 05:00 BST (UK) »
Hello again Lee

My interest in the HEASMAN / AYLMORE family extends far beyond my own line of Annie (largely because they were such a "colourful lot"   ;D ) ... and as such I have amassed a good deal of info. on most of them.

Was interested to see which children of Amelia DEHON (RIDING) were listed on her death cert. because some years ago I received data which showed additional children named as Robert and Elizabeth ?   Obviously the person (and I can't recall who it was), hadn't at the time of compiling this information, sighted Amelia's d/c.   Records (from both sides of the "ditch") don't show up a Robert or Elizabeth.

But there remains the mystery of the child Elizabeth Ann ANDERSON (b. 4 March 1871, at Fitzroy, Vic) who according to her birth cert. was the natural child of Jane Elizabeth ANDERSON (formerly HEASMAN nee AYLMORE) ... supposedly aged 41 years at that time.  [Jane Elizabeth wasn't of course born in 1830 ... she was baptised in 1818 ... making her 53 years in 1871 !! ]   Anyway, I've always had the feeling that Elizabeth Ann was more likely to have been the child of Amelia (born before she married James BRADLEY - Sept. 1871) ?   

Just needed to be satisfied that "an Elizabeth" wasn't one of Amelia's known children, and the information given on her death cert. tends to confirm that.    So thanks again for sharing the death cert. details.  :)

But there are of course, two children missing from Amelia RIDING's d/c.   [See next post. ] >>

~  Lu 

Offline Leeroy_2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 April 13 08:52 BST (UK) »
I hope we can attract abit of interest with any of the Heasman lines left :) I note (if it is) Jane Henderson formerly Heasman Nee Aylmore does quite well to marry a 31 year old in Peter Henderson at her age of about 50 ? After reading your posts I didn't think I seen a death for our Jane ? Just that she passed away prior to 1897 ? Can you advance on those numbers ?

Look forward to reading your next post :)

Lee
DAVIDSON from Grafton.
DEHON from New Zealand.
BRADFORD from Dubbo.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 April 13 13:05 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the interruption, got caught up with other things.   :D

1934 Death Cert. - Amelia RIDING

I can understand why Amelia's NZ-born son Philip is missing from her death cert. (b. 1883 - d. 1884 aged 4 months) ... but it's puzzling that eldest son Peter DEHON isn't recorded ?  He was married with a number of children and living in Sydney for many years.  He died in 1950.   [Maybe it was a case of his name being inadvertently left out by whomever entered the details in the death register ? ]

The death informant > A. JONES, 24 Dougherty Street, Mascot > appears to be Arthur Wallace (a.k.a. Alfred) JONES who went on to marry Ellen (a.k.a. Mary Ellen) HARRIS, the daughter of Amelia DEHON (junior).  Amelia and her husband Robert Edward HARRIS resided at 16 MacIntosh  (McIntosh) Street, Mascot.     [Interestingly, the daughter born as Ellen HARRIS to Amelia jnr., had another marriage after A. W. JONES died in 1948.  She re-wed as Ellen JONES to an Arthur Neville CHALLENGER, but at her death in 1978 she was known as Mary Ellen (Molly) ??   ]

-------------------------------

Marriage 1897 - Amelia Nesiah DEHON - Simeon RIDING(s)

Reasonable to expect as an older woman marrying a younger man, that Amelia would tweak her age.    :D
But as to the addition of "Nesiah", can confirm that she wasn't born with that name.  ;)
[Have a copy of her baptism at St. Peters Church in Melbourne - Amelia - d/o William (a carpenter) and Jane HEASMAN - born 18 March 1851 - baptised  6 June 1851. ]   

Neither was she born in Hampshire, England and nor was her father William, a musician.

At her first marriage - 20 September 1871, Fitzroy, Vic. to James BRADLEY - she was plain old Amelia HEASMAN - born c. 1852 (age looks like 17 but could have been 19, written badly), she stated she was born "Melbourne, Victoria" and that her father was William HEASMAN (a builder).

Such detail wasn't required to be recorded when she wed Peter DEHON in New Zealand in 1873.

I often wonder whether she altered her identity slightly (in 1897) for fear of that earlier Australian marriage coming back to haunt her ?  [She seemed not to have been divorced from BRADLEY and he was apparently still alive when she re-married in NZ. ]   ::)  ;D

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 07 April 13 13:42 BST (UK) »
I hope we can attract abit of interest with any of the Heasman lines left :) I note (if it is) Jane Henderson formerly Heasman Nee Aylmore does quite well to marry a 31 year old in Peter Henderson at her age of about 50 ? After reading your posts I didn't think I seen a death for our Jane ? Just that passed away prior to 1897 ? Can you advance on those numbers ?

Hi

Yes the marriage of Jane Elizabeth HEASMAN (1869) shows her groom's name as Peter "HENDERSON".
[He had signed the register with X (his mark) so there was no signature for comparison. ]

However, when the birth of Elizabeth Ann was registered in March 1871, the surname is clearly ANDERSON ... Father: Peter  ANDERSON -  with J.E. ANDERSON (mother) being the informant.    Additionally in the "Details of Mother" column, is written - Jane Elizabeth Anderson ~ formerly Heasman ~ maiden name Aylmore - 41 years born London.

Further, by September 1871, when Amelia marries BRADLEY, Peter ANDERSON is now able to sign his name - as Peder ANDERSON - and he and Jane Elizabeth ANDERSON (mother) are witnesses to this marriage.

Jane Elizabeth's death has not as yet been found.     The last positive link to her (and she's reverted to the name HEASMAN by this time) is as the nurse attending the birth of her grand-daughter ... Amelia DEHON in Sydney, 1877.  [And that's a whole other story, so far defying explanation. ]  :D

~  Lu

Offline Kare Dean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 19 January 14 23:40 GMT (UK) »
hi my name is Karen dean/dehon I am new to this I hace read these post and have only just started trying to find out my past my grandfathers name was john albert dean/dehon he had a brother Louis and from what I have found out so far they originated from New Zealand and before that France or Belgium