Author Topic: Colin Mackenzie 1820-1891  (Read 2322 times)

Offline malcy63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Colin Mackenzie 1820-1891
« on: Saturday 21 July 12 14:08 BST (UK) »
I am struggling to trace Colin's ancestors. I have bought Findon tables from Clan Mackenzie but cant tie my ancestor in to the tables. Any help wd be much appreciated.

Colin married Helen Macdonald of Edinburgh in 1842 and they had at least 8 children: Mary, Ann, Margaret, Johana, Roderickina, William, Allan and Colin born from 1843 to 1864 around the BLack Isle. Hopefully Roderickina is an unusual name so may register with someone.

Thanks in advance.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Mackenzie 1820-1891
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 July 12 14:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Malcy63

The best way to confirm the next generation back would be through the death certificate of Colin MacKenzie. You may have viewed this already? Did he die in Scotland?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline malcy63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Mackenzie 1820-1891
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 July 12 16:03 BST (UK) »
Yes. Colin died on 27th December 1891 at 2 Friars Street, Inverness aged around 73 years. He is described as a straw thatcher married to Ellen Fraser (although we know this is not correct as he was married to Helen Macdonald of Edinburgh). Cause of death is an injury to the head (14 days). Informant was his son C Mackenzie (also Colin). His father is recoeded as crofter John Mackenzie (deceased) and mother is not named.

I am sure this is the correct entry as the place of death is the same as various census entries I have found.

Malcolm